Is there a serial tag in every paddy?

I had an authentic whiskey paddy that didn't have a serial number. It is a defect. They are supposed to have one, it contains the date/plant that manufactured it info, I believe. But I do have to say that when I called Chloe to find out why my bag didn't have one. They told me that it doesn't have to have one to be authentic. I'm sure the Paddy doesn't have to have a lock to be authentic either though. If you got a paddy without a serial number, I would send it back and get another one if you have that option.

You know what's funny? I received a Whiskey one from NM back in Feb when we all got our "wait-listed" bags, and it did not even have a serial number TAG in the pocket. No tag, no serial number, nothing! I was wondering if maybe Chloe had stopped the serial number thing, but I wound up returning the bag a day later because I didn't want to deal with the hassle of exchanging, etc...just in case it WAS a defective (which I think it was)

^^^ I ended up returning the bag to the NM store because NM online was being a pain about it. Anyways, the first thing the SA said when she saw that it was missing the tag, she said it was defective!!! And I was able to finally get a non-defective bag from BG.