Is there a place on the board to authenticate a Botkier?

1. Hello all. I am a relatively new tPFer (though I have lurked quite a bit). I was wondering if anyone can point me in the direction of the area that can authenticate less popular brands like Botkier? Here is the link of the purse I am interested in:

Also, while I'm at it, can anyone verify how Botkier is pronounced? Is it ...
    Bot - like Robot
    Kir - like Kir Royale or like putting the words "key" and "ear" together

Thanks so much!
  2. There is a smaller version available here.

Wish it was the bigger size that you are interested.
  3. Handbags and purses section, though I wish there was a real botkier subforum. I love botkier.

Meanwhile, I don't have a clue how to pronounce it, but that's how I say it, though I seperate the 'ki' and 'er' bit a bit more.
  4. I would check out the main handbags board. I would offer to help but the Sasha is one of the few Botkier styles I don't know very well.

It is pronounces Bot Key Air... this is what I heard when I called the main office for some questions on the bags.
  5. I have the large Sasha in pudding and this one looks good. The leather and lining look right and the seller has good feedback and seems to sell a lot of similar items, maybe a boutique owner?

I would love a Botkier subforum too:tup:
  6. Thanks so much everyone for your help.

After missing the end of the auction in the link, I emailed the seller and it turns out she had another bag. I bought it with BIN. I really hope it turns out okay.

Thanks JenJen1964 - you made me feel a little better about it. I also love Botkier and would like a dedicated Botkier thread. I have a black Safari bag that I may love even more than my LV. I have beat my Safari to death and it still looks brand new. If anyone else can help me to tell that the purse in the link is authentic I would greatly appreciate it. I still don't know if there even is a fake Botkier problem.
  7. Oooh... which bag did you end up buying?

And I love botkier more than high ends... I have a paddy but I don't feel really carrying it around, mostly because it doesn't suit my casual needs. Plus I rather have people look at me and go 'my god that's a beautiful, anonymous brand' as opposed to 'oh look, chloe paddington.'