Is there a buying halt in October?

Ditto for me! Two weeks ago, I made what I wanted on bags I listed, so this past week I didn't put reserves thinking it would get there, Well, a $398 bag that I paid $170 for sold for $46!!! I was SICK... NWT, everything. Another $400 bag didn't even get a $25 opening bid!!!

I'm listing more this week and this time I'll stick in a reserve. I can't go losing $125 on every bag!

^Exactly! I bought a pair of Coach shoes for $65 (and there was a bidding war with a LOT of bidders!), got them home and they were too big. I put them on BIN $60 and started the bidding at $40..well guess how much they sold for? Yup, $40.

Just a little stressed because I thought the sales were going to increase starting now through Christmas..and my sales and the interest in my Coach handbags have drastically dropped in the last 2 weeks.
I lost $200 last week in Coach sales and am wanting to find out if sales drop right before Chrismas. Please say they do and they will pick up soon!
Do people stop buying when it hits them Christmas is around the corner?
Makes me nervous to buy anything until I know I can sell it.
If you have had a major slow down in your store, or in your sales on line, could you let me know?
This little lul in shopping caused me to take some Coach bags back which I purchased during the 25% customer week sale and I want to wait to spend when the buying picks up.
Even in the Coach Retail Store in the mall today there was NO ONE in the mall and no one entered the store during the hour when I was there. Seemed weird to me!
(OH my, I love the new Coach Leather Multicolored Patchwork but its huge and is almost $700)

IT STINKS ON EBAY? Another dealer friend and myself were lamenting that our antiques (and other primitives) are getting stupid bids or no bids on ebay (good quality stash I may add). TONS OF VIEWERS but no spenders. We ask ourselves why? The economy isn't bad; stocks are up so why?? Is it housing? Uncertainty of job security? :sweatdrop:

For us who realize there is a slowdown.....who knows when it picks back UP?
I normally try to list 20-30 items and I have 2...yep...2 which I can't lower the price or I will lose money!
Its frustrating too because HOT items are coming in from the retail store...boy I got a HOT, CLASSY flap Leather Laced Brass Coach handbag I want to keep it but I am NOT WORTH Retail of $800..... so hopefully someone will see it and fall in love like I did. I have never used reserve...so I usually list it for for buy it now for the lowest I c
Some bags I am just breaking even on....but I have to pay back credit cards.
When you can't even get your money back......ya might as well take it back to the store and allow someone else to buy it and enjoy it.

Oh boy, I work for a builder and yes things are slow! The papers and news media do not help at all. It will pick up though, it always does, just not sure when! Wish I did!!!

I don't understand the handbag market right now either... very slow. September was slow but October is supposed to be busier... but still nothing... I'm just listing things in my store to keep costs low and try to make it through! Hopefully there will be some last minute buyers.

Christmas shopping also depends if you are selling gift items... most of our bags are on the more expensive side so I would assume that our customers purchase for themselves or an SO. Which might mean we'll have a slow time until new years :sad:

This past week has been pretty good for me. I've sold some bags that didn't sell earlier in the year and they went for the higher amounts the same bags are going for. I've sold a few other things this week as well.

I have a lot more I want to list and believe it really is just hit and miss depending on what you're selling and how saturated the market is.

Firstly people are more scared than ever of using Ebay. It is becoming a joke now with the amount of hassle you get trying to find something that either isn't fake or overpriced. Secondly I know I am trying to hold off for the Thanksgiving/Christmas sales, also because September seemed like a relatively short month people had more money to spend at the beginning of October but now they're trying to last until the end of the month again.

October is usually a good month on eBay but November is traditionally my biggest month by a lot.
That being said, my smaller less expensive stuff is NOT moving this month, but the big stuff is. Odd.

I've been following a lot of LV auctions because I need to list some of mine, and it's TERRIBLE!!! Handbags that are usually selling for $1000 are only getting $400-$700 max! Even LE items that are insanely hard to find are going for really low!
Ebay seems to have been on the decline for a few months though... maybe everyone is saving up for Christmas shopping? The Canadian dollar is insanely high now too, so you'd think that now would be the time where we snag everything up on ebay!?! :shrugs: