is there a big difference between...r/o

1. I'm 5'2, 105 lbs with a petite figure. Although I am a fan of big bags, will a 35 cm birkin be okay for my size or should I go for something smaller 30 cm? What size does Nicole Richie carry?

nicolerichiehermes.jpg
  2. Hi Lieu......I THINK she's carrying a 35cm. I'm 5'3", 110# and when I compared the 35cm to the 30cm, the 30cm looked much better for my frame. I also am NOT a big fan of oversized bags either so please take that into consideration.

3. In the Hermes Informative Sticky Thread, towards the end, there is a comparison sketch which should help you with your question.

4. thanks!!

5. Lieu, I'm 5' 8" and for me, I prefer the 30cm. I know that a lot of people who are my height would prefer 35cm but I personally think that 30cm looks more like a purse while 35cm looks more like a tote. It really depends on your preference. If you like the 35cm, don't worry about whether it is "okay" for your height. The bottom line is, as long as you love what you are carrying, none of it would matter.:flowers:

6. I'm tiny at 4'10" without heels. A 35cm Birkin is too overwhelming for my frame.

For reference, here's me with my 30cm Birkin and heels ... so I'm about 5'1" in the photo.

Schumachertop_CLbrique_Birk.jpg

Hope that helps.

7. Very cute on you. This is a toughy!!

8. ^^ Thanks!

It is really quite difficult to choose as both the Kelly and the Birkin are gorgeous in their own way. Not to mention that there are so many colors and leathers to choose from.

9. I am 5'1" and about a size 4-6 and am definitely going for a 30cm. I just think the 35cm is too big for my frame as well. Looks overwhelming, rather than elegant and classic IMO.

10. I also don't like HUGE bags, but carry totes regularly. I'm 5'2" and 110 lbs, and planning on getting a 30cm Birkin when i finally end up in a city with an Hermes!

11. Have to say go with the 30...unless you carry a great deal of stuff or want the look of a tote.

12. I love the 35.

13. I'm 5'3", and I LOVE the 35 cm. However, I use it more as an everyday bag, and not much as a "purse" (I use my Paris-Bombay and gold 32 cm Kelly for that).

14. I am partial to the 30cm, too (similar proportions to jag). It is deceivingly small--you can pack quite a lot in a 30cm!!!

15. I've also heard the 35 obviously is a bit heavier....