Is there a bag you love but won't buy ?

I love Thomas Wylde bags but I just can't seem to justify the price ... I keep wishing though! And of course, the Hermes Birkin ... can't afford it unless I sell off my entire collection! LOL

I love Thomas Wylde bags and the Fendi Spy in Honey, but I just can't bring myself to spend that kind of money on first, a trendy bag, and second, $3000 + dollars on ANY bag!

I actually did buy a bag I love, received it and immediately knew it was going to be returned--not exactly what you asked. The Miu Miu suede coffer--it's so large it looked ridiculous on me and I looked at it and thought it will say "2006"--stupid, I know, but that's all I could think of. I think it's a gorgeous bag, but not for me for those reasons.

I love the YSL Muse, especially the samller sizes, but I have bought so many other bags I don't think I will be buying it any time soon. I have similar concerns that the Muse will go out of style and its a lot for a trendy bag. But I disagree about Ramona -- I have Riki and love it. I guess if a trendy bag is right for you, you will love it even when the trend ends!!

I don't think I could wear a Birkin. In their own quiet way they are too ostentageous for me. My neighbor has one and I may be odd but I consider it aging. However I like the Hermes Constance and another lesser known Hermes that is more of a feedbag with a big H on the front. Perhaps these are just younger styles?

With all the sadness in the world it would be hard for me to prance about in such an over the top $$$ purse. However perhaps I would feel differently if I found one under the tree????? hahaha

Fauve

Probably anything cream - I'd love a cream Carker but it would be hopeless. There are also some slouchy styles that I admire but would look stupid on me - a suspicion that was proved true when I received my first Bulga butterfly bucket tote a short while ago. That bag represented a departure into hobo style, squishy leather and unstructured design for me. The leather is gorgeous, the style adorable and the quality exquisite . . .except . . . it looks ridiculous on me with my smart, tailored clothes and long hair.

Yep. that Bulga bag I loved so much from afar is now on the 'to sell' list.

Is there an inner voice that warns us to step away from bags we admire, but just can't reconcile ourselves to? If so, I wish I'd listened when I bought that Bulga!

I have a love and hate for: (therefore, won't ever buy!)

-LV multicolor lines but it's a bit too flashy for me.
-white or cream colored bags but too afraid to get it dirty
-anything leopard print but too shy to buy
-anything suede but they give me a headache when it comes to take care of them

yeah, for me it's the Fendi Spy. I love it, then I don't, then I see it again IRL and am in love again...I'm just too fickle about it for the $$ to go for it.

i feel this way about the YSL vincennes hobo...............

although right now, i'm soooo in love with it, i'm hoping the feeling passes though.......

YSL Muse. I do love it. Everytime I see it I'm tempted to buy it. I'm planning to wait and see if it's still around in a couple of years. Then maybe...

BTW, great thread Suzy. Thanks for staring it.;)

The only thing that would stop me from buying the bag I love is the price! Sadly, there are MANY that I love/want but my wallet can't handle them at this time!:nuts: