Is the seller serious? Bidding starts at $6,500?

ROFLMAOOOOOOOO omg, that is tff!!! Put the crack pipe down, back away from the computer and join this forum to actually learn something is more like it. WOW... that's really all that can be said on this one.

Ok, I tried being nice and emailing her also.. it's pointless... here's her response..
s.gif
[FONT=Arial, Verdana]I thank you for trying ot help me out but I think this purse is worth more than a few hundred dollars. I am thinking about 5,000 at the least. Old clacic cars sell for way more than there worth because they are a clacic collectors edt. like my purse is. How does that make it any different than a clasic car that sells for many of thousands more? THis is a gucci purse that is a special edt. purse meaning only so many are made. It is over 25 years old if not more N good codition. I looked on the gucci web site and they have some leather purses, but have not seen a suede/leather purse like mine yet. If you look on the gucci web site you would see there purses range from 1,000 to 9,000 dollars depending on the purse. I fill that if mine is in good conidition and it a collectors edt. then it should cost more. If you can tell in the picture the gucci has there logo in real gold hanging from the zipper, if that tells you anything. You can show me the one you have, but it can't be the same one not enless you got it handed down to you like I did and back in the day it costed a pretty penny! However thank you for the information but I am going for 5000 and whoever can not afford it should not B asking about it anyway!
[/FONT]
s.gif
s.gif

s.gif
- finklegirl

ARRGHHH :cursing: I know its funny but for some reason that ^^ really made me frustrated! Like umm yes but bags are different from cars, not all cars that are old and limited are collectors/worth a lot, suede gucci usually costs less than most leather, and whether old or new gucci doesn't exactly resell well on ebay etc. This is not something that was like only 10 made in the world and was carried by celebrities etc. I can't believe how greedy this person is.

Ok, I tried being nice and emailing her also.. it's pointless... here's her response..
s.gif
[FONT=Arial, Verdana]I thank you for trying ot help me out but I think this purse is worth more than a few hundred dollars. I am thinking about 5,000 at the least. Old clacic cars sell for way more than there worth because they are a clacic collectors edt. like my purse is. How does that make it any different than a clasic car that sells for many of thousands more? THis is a gucci purse that is a special edt. purse meaning only so many are made. It is over 25 years old if not more N good codition. I looked on the gucci web site and they have some leather purses, but have not seen a suede/leather purse like mine yet. If you look on the gucci web site you would see there purses range from 1,000 to 9,000 dollars depending on the purse. I fill that if mine is in good conidition and it a collectors edt. then it should cost more. If you can tell in the picture the gucci has there logo in real gold hanging from the zipper, if that tells you anything. You can show me the one you have, but it can't be the same one not enless you got it handed down to you like I did and back in the day it costed a pretty penny! However thank you for the information but I am going for 5000 and whoever can not afford it should not B asking about it anyway! [/FONT]

s.gif
s.gif

s.gif
- finklegirl

Seems like she doesn't want to be helped. It's her loss anyways. If the bag isn't sold she lost the listing fee which is quiete a bit based on her starting price.

Yeah, I really did give up after that response. I really was very nice to her and offered several resources for her to look at. I was very stunned by that response and how truly uneducated she was about any of it. I mean, yes good quality vintage purses can go for a nice price, but this is a completely stupid asking price. Before I started selling on Ebay I at least researched what I had. Most vintage items do not go up in value to that an extreme amount and also owning a 69' Hardtop Convertible Corvette, I even know that vintage cars don't go up to such an extreme even when they have ALL the same original parts. She's just really out of her mind on this one and at this point deserves to get hit w/ all the fees.

Ok, out of the blue she sends me another message... here is the poor girl's latest...

s.gif
[FONT=Arial, Verdana]THank U so much for all the information you have given me! I will do more research to see how much I should sell this purse for. I through that since it is a gucci and was very old in good condition it would sell for more. that made since 2 me but maybe purses R different. IF U want you can give me the the hightist price you think it could possibly go for then I will try and contact gucci as well and give them the series number of the purse and see what they can tell me extra about this purse and how much it went for back in the day. Thanks a lot for your help. You R a kind Person!
[/FONT]
s.gif
s.gif

s.gif
- finklegirl

This is too funny. I'm not familar with the exact time lines relative to when this purse was made but back in the day Gucci licensed out their name. I think this was back in the 80's. Essentially anyone who bought the license could produce Gucci products which resulted in a lot of poor quality stuff out there with the Gucci name. It almost bankrupted the company in the end until Tom Ford got on board and bought back all the licenses, returning Gucci to a reputable luxury brand. So I was told anyway by the manager at the Beverly Center Gucci boutique. I thought it was an interesting story.

Sorry for the long post but my point is that this bag is more than likely from that era. So not only is it totally overpriced, it's probably a piece of junk to boot.