Is the Saks Rewards program really rewarding?

1. I've had the SaksFirst card forever but rarely ever use it, mostly because I'm not sure what the rewards really entail. I've seen it mentioned on the forum many many times and some have even said that it's the best credit card rewards program out there. Can someone explain how the program works and how much you *really* get for spending on the card? (E.g., AMEX points generally translates to 1000 points per reward dollar or 10,000 points for a $100 gift card). Also, is it just for spending at Saks? I generally redeem my AMEX points for a Saks GC but it's nice to know I have options.

Thanks in advance for your feedback!
  2. Best place for information on the Saks First program is on the website. Click on SaksFirst and it offers information on the program. Basically, you get points for purchases with the Saks card during a calendar year. The following January, Saks sends you a gift card based on your annual points total. The gift card can be used at Saks or and expires at the end of April.
  3. Thanks babymelsmom! I don't know why I never checked there. I got all the info I need and it looks like it's a lot better than the AMEX program (especially now that AMEX does not allow points to be converted into frequent flyer miles). Thanks again!