Is The Epi Line Made From Real Leather?

1. I always thought it was plastic like the classic monogram, and damier. A girl friend of mine thinks the Epi is real leather.

2. Yes, it's leather.
    Also, the Damier and Mono lines aren't plastic, they're a coated cotton canvas.
  3. What timing Moe :p I was just putting my Pochette in its dustbag and as I was feeling it, I was wondering the same thing :yes:

I've always thought it was leather but I'm not sure.
  4. it is leather. when i bought my epi alma i asked the sa and she said it's leather.
  5. If you read the descriptions on the Vuitton website and e-Lux, the Epi bags are described as leather.
  6. OMG yes, real leather & as previously said, Mono & damier are coated canvas not plastic :smile:
  7. Yep, it is- it's just textured with a special process.
  8. There're many types of so-called real leather, though. Full grained leather, split leather, bonded leather,cow leather, calf leather,pig leather etc..
    And there're many variations when adopting different making procedures to make them have different looks, but they're all real leather,price differs greatly though.
    For the retail line, I guess they(retailers) call all that genuine leather, while sometimes we as manufacturers don't.
    For end users, my advice is , if you're not a expert on leather, just think they are made of real leather. The only thing you have to care is whether you like the looks the item appears and how long the duration will take.
  9. Yup, it's definitely leather. :strokes Epi agenda lovingly: :p
  10. yup it's authentic leather just like the utha line and the tobago, nomade and the suhali (goat leather) and the mono and damier are not plastic they are coated canvas and the vachetta trim is real leather too :yes:
  11. Yes leather and I love it!
  12. Exactly.
  13. hmmm...kinda aside, but you seem to know a lot about leather and I happen to be very interested in the process of making leather lol. So my question is do you know which process the epi (and Suhali) leather went through? PM me if you wish! thanks! :biggrin:
  14. and almost forgot Taiga, and Vernis patent leather...
  15. i thought so! why would it cost so much if it weren't?

oh yea, we pay that much for coated canvas too...........................