Is Nicole Richie too skinny to shop?

1. ‘Simple Life’ star reportedly fainted while shopping in Los Angeles

[​IMG]Chris Polk / AP
    Super-skinny Nicole Richie reportedly fainting while shopping in L.A.

By Jeannette Walls
    MSNBC
    Updated: 11:48 p.m. PT July 19, 2006

Did Nicole Richie take that phrase “shop until you drop” too seriously?
    The super-skinny reality show star reportedly fainted while doing a little retail therapy. Richie — who has admitted that she’s too thin but has denied that she has an eating disorder — collapsed while browsing at Kitson, a chic LA boutique, on July 15, according to Life & Style.

“She was looking through a rack of clothes when she suddenly fainted and hit the floor,” an “eyewitness” told the mag. “The staff helped her to a chair and offered her something to eat. She shot back, ‘No!’ and mumbled something about it being ‘so hot.’” Although Richie turned away food, she did accept a glass of water, reports the mag, and after about 20 minutes “was steady enough to leave.”
    :sad::sos:

2. haha that's funny... the staff actually offer her food... :yahoo:
    she is alarmingly skinny tho... probably spent too much time next to paris hilton, who will make a light pole feels fat...

3. ^why is that funny?

That's scary. . . it could be the that, who knows?
    I passed out in Palm Desert once and a granola bar and juice made me feel better!
    If it's her low weight, which it could be, I help she gets more help.
    She's actually looking better lately IMO.

4. She breaks my heart, she is such a pretty girl, I don't know what is going on with her. I love her fashion sense, but I wish she would try a little harder to regain her health.

5. i think it's funny that even strangers feel the need to feed her... i didn't think it was funny because she fainted... food and juice will help bring up the blood sugar and make you feel better...
    she isn't protecting her body by starving herself.. and it's a horrible thing to do to oneself... think about the images she projects to the younger girls... (you'll look fabulous if you starve yourself)

6. This makes me sad, I certainly hope that she gains some weight.The fainting was probably caused by her not eating....she probably had no energy to look through those racks of clothing.:sad:

7. lack of food + heat is definitely not a good combination.

a young girl recently fainted onto the train tracks of the metro north train because she was dieting and because it was so hot/humid that day.

Nicole's blood sugar levels are probably all sorts of f'd up... She's probably hypoglycemic.

9. ^ Yeah, I have not noticed her put on a pound since she said she was "too skinny" which I still think is B/S (the fact that she actually thinks she is...because I'm willing to bet that she loves being that thin) Anyways that was a while ago, and she's gained a whole 4 pounds?! wowwww she's really triying. lol I could gain that in an hour.

10. I passed out before a year ago too, but I hadn't eaten all day, it was really hot that day and I just got sidetracked with all the shopping :push: ! I guess they were laughing because the first thing they offered her was something to eat and it's been reported that she has an eating disorder.

11. Bless her heart!!!

12. She's been gaining weight lately and I love the way that she looks, I hope she gets better soon.

13. Just like it's hard for people to LOSE weight... it's hard for a lot of people to GAIN it as well. ;)

14. That's so true...especially if the person still has anorexic tendencies....if they eat they might feel like they are eating too much for one day ....when in reality it's just more than they usually ate.:yes:

15. I hope she seeks the help she needs to better herself