is it true you cant get rid of cellulite?

1. I dont know much about cellulite but I do know I have them and they're ugly!

i noticed the bulgy orange-like skin about a few years ago and didnt care much about them beacuse they were barely noticable,( unless you hold ur skin and twist them (that's how my sister first told me about cellulite when i was only 8 years old..)
    but they're getting more and more obvious these days, maybe it's just me exaggerating over myself or getting really self concious, but everytime i change clothes...those cellulites are among the first ones to catch my eye.

does anyone know how to get rid of them, i heard exercising wont do much to reduce it.

another thing, is it true coffee causes cellulite? because college years= lots and lots of coffee.

have anyone tried any exercise...products...etc etc? please share!

2. I don't think there's really any way to get rid of cellulite. As far as I know, coffee doesn't cause it either. Coffee is mostly water and doesn't contain many calories, so it wouldn't have any affect on the amount of fat under the skin.

3. I've been trying to get rid of it for years. If there's a way to truly get rid of it I'd like to know.

4. I used to have really bad cellulite and it's getting better. I avoid saturate fats and salt. I also drink a lot of water -I could not tell you how much but I tend to drink at least 2 glasses of water for every cup of coffee or tea I have. Finally, I run a lot. I hav been doing this for almost 3 years now. It's gotten so good that I wish I had kept a photo diary, because most people don't believe me!

5. theres no way to get rid of cellulite unless you have it cut, or sucked out.

you can smooth it out so it doesnt look so 'bumpy'

check out www.velashape.com
    and there are before and after pics on my webpage- find a doc in your area that carries this machine. you will LOVE IT

6. thanks ladies...i'll try drinking more water and exercising and wait for the next 3 years. velashape seems to cost a lot, maybe for the far future.

7. Try the new Nivea Cellulite gel, I've only been using it for 2 wks and I swear I already see a difference...

8. Intense exercise AND Vit. E capsule (eat it and apply on skin).

I have been working out intensely for 6 months now and noticed my cellulite has improved quite a bit, plus my skin is a lot smoother and tighter! I love working out!

9. I've always been very skeptical of before and after pics, and I mean no offense to you southamptonkity, if those are pics on your own page, but if you look at the pics, the second ones are all taken with brighter light. If I took two pics of my butt and one was in bad light and I tighten my butt cheeks up I'll have a ton more cellulite than if I take one with natural light and slightly lean forward.

10. Well I am normally kind of skinny however I did have cellulite.. very small ones though. You could still see them wehn I wear a bathing suit and look carefully at my thighs. However after 4 month of working out really hard.. it actually completely disappeared for me. I did lunges and squats with weights consistently and now I don't see any cellulite.

Drink a lot of water and do lunges and squats and I am sure you will see it disappear slowly.

I am not sure but I have seen ads for Livea(sp?) lotion that says it will help get rid of cellulite.. i don't know how much it will help.. but it may be a nice thing to use every day since it doesn't hurt.

11. youre quite right about the lighting being poor. but i will say that i wouldnt suggest something i have not done myself.

i will try to find some more candid before and afters with better lighting for you ladies. :smile: this is also 4 sessions in 4 weeks, and worth every penny. i got it done before i actually bought the machine for my spa

12. I have it bad too and I'm only 122 lbs. I am trying to incorporate more exercise and I believe its due to the junk I eat. I'm thin but eat a lot of fatty things. No more goodies is my goal

13. LOREBUNDE, yeah me too. I used to eat a lot of junkfood which is probably wehre all teh cellulite came from. However after I cut that out completely including all types of candy and soda... with leg exercises and stuff it disappeared!

14. Its so unfortunate that we girls are destined to get this! and I hate hate hate it. Its like almost everyone over the age of 24 no matter their weight will have some somewhere. Ridiculous. :sad:

no youve got me wondering if i need another round of treatments

Oh and if anyone is in the NY area lol I need some new before and after shots. Free treatments.. lol PM me :smile:

15. It's true that exercise, good eating habbits and lots of water can improve a lot the cellulite. But I don't think you can get rid of it only with that.
    A lipo is not the answer either, it removes fat from you but the cellulite will still be there.