Is it too much to ask for a Bal bag?

he will surprise you in time to come, like he always does. i am sure he is just shocked by the cost of it (as compared to some of the LV stuff that you used to collect). eventually he'll get used to your obsession.

plus he shows you how much he cares in his own little ways - like the perth trip last dec remember? and the silly tiffany heart pendant?

Yeah, you're right. Guess that's because you know both of us personally. :shame:I'm a shock at some of the responses by others, some bordering on personal attacks. Do hope that TPFers will share personal experiences and not judge my comments. There isn't much ground to base any judgement as we all know no one really knows the on-goings in another person's relationship.

Thanks for the encouraging private message. There's no need for me to explain myself. Wouldn't want to create more confusion.:P

I think those who have posted have spoken wisely.

As I read the posts and your responses I would caution you on defining your self worth based on what you get and what you do for others. You are no less precious if you don't get a Bal and you are no less precious if you did not trade in your car to assist your BF. Dig deep inside and consider your motivations.

I only write in this serious tone because I have been there and it is ultimately very self destructive.

Agree.

hi sparkle,

i wish to apologise to you. i could've asked for more info in a nicer way. i did sound like i deemed you as a material girl based simply on your rant.

i've since read the background to it and many tPFers have given sound advice. your case has actually touched a nerve in me. for many years, i gave up alot for my ex (you can say he's the reason i couldn't enjoy luxury items for the past 7 years, hah). i'd be lying if i say i gave unconditional love. of course i didn't. and that's why i would later deal with disappointment and self-doubt. and yes, there would be resentment and bitterness and anger, which only did more harm to myself. why? i think grietje has pointed it out for me. it's only human, though. today, i'm almost healed of this painful past.

i share this not to imply or impose anything upon you. i sincerely wish you well.

:flowers:

hi sparkle,

i wish to apologise to you. i could've asked for more info in a nicer way. i did sound like i deemed you as a material girl based simply on your rant.

i've since read the background to it and many tPFers have given sound advice. your case has actually touched a nerve in me. for many years, i gave up alot for my ex (you can say he's the reason i couldn't enjoy luxury items for the past 7 years, hah). i'd be lying if i say i gave unconditional love. of course i didn't. and that's why i would later deal with disappointment and self-doubt. and yes, there would be resentment and bitterness and anger, which only did more harm to myself. why? i think grietje has pointed it out for me. it's only human, though. today, i'm almost healed of this painful past.

i share this not to imply or impose anything upon you. i sincerely wish you well.

:flowers:

Hi,

No hard feelings.:smile: I guess it's true that print is very one-dimensional communication and may result in misunderstandings.

Sorry to read abt your bad experience. Glad you survive:tup:

You're right abt my ranting. It's just my rant, nothing serious at all. My SO and I have dated for a looooooooong while and yes, we're still very much in love. The problem abt men I don't get at times is that they promise the sky and ...

I hope my relationship will never ever voice down to $$$. I traded in the car for him but he actually paid for my trips to Australia, Vietnem, bailed me out...

Actually, if he really bought me a Bal bag, I would put in the amount he paid for the bag into our joint acc. The issue is this is the first time I'm soooooooo addicted to something, he knew it but didn't do anything abt it.:yucky:

I'm a mass of contradictions.:wtf:

PS: I'm paranoid abt being cheated; to date, I'm very careful, perhaps too careful.:nuts:

Hi,
The issue is this is the first time I'm soooooooo addicted to something, he knew it but didn't do anything abt it.:yucky:

my dear girl, u are obsessive compulsive. maybe he knows better than we give him credit for. I am sure he isn't doing anything cos he doesn't want to fuel this OCD! :roflmfao:

he knows you too well. :graucho:

If we're stuck and IF we ever ask for ideas, we typically cover it up afterwards. I'm always keeping my girl off guard when it comes to pressies. If she guesses right sometimes, I will look her in the eyes and say "wow you really guessed it, that's it, thats exactly what you're getting" and of course straight away she decides its something completely different :P

There's a chance that he's has a very nice surprise for you ;)

Cheers & Happy Valentines,

Jim

JimLong all the girls in this forum wants a clone of you, so we'll all get Bal surprises on bdays / anniversaries / special occassions!

can they make more copies of you? pretty please!