Is it tacky to buy purses from places like Target etc?

I don't think it is tacky at all to buy a cute inexpensive purse. It only becomes tacky when that inexpensive purse is a very heavily "inspired" version of a designer bag (IMO anyway).

agreed.
some of their stuff is pretty cool! i love the military inspired pochette type bags and knapsacks. so cute. not enough military vibed bags in the designer world!

I don't think it is tacky at all to buy a cute inexpensive purse. It only becomes tacky when that inexpensive purse is a very heavily "inspired" version of a designer bag (IMO anyway).

agreed.
some of their stuff is pretty cool! i love the military inspired pochette type bags and knapsacks. so cute. not enough military vibed bags in the designer world!

I agree in that it is better than a fake. We have things from all over in our house. I have high end bags, $15 bags that are vintages clutches or something that is unique.
I also like white cotton socks from Walmart and flannel PJ's from Kmart. They are comfy around the house. As long as it looks good and you don't think it is poor quality and going to fall apart go for it.

If you like it I say buy it. Through my student years and during my first few years of working I used to get my bags from all kinds of stores and I rarely spent more than $50 on a bag and thought my friends were nuts for doing so. Over the years as they all fell apart or the trendiness wore off and after I could afford better quality I started to appreciate designer bags. I also like unique things that no one else has. I hate seeing something I have everywhere I go. The desire for long term quality, classic vs. trendy, and unique and rare lead me to start buying higher end bags. I think what is more important is how one carries themself....that can be tacky...not what their bag is. Some young starlets with all the hot designer bags seem to prove this daily.