Is it rude to change my mind?

that is not rude at all
I doubt your SA would be at all upset, if you do not like it- return it

on the other hand, wait until you get it
I did the exact same thing and purchased it on impulse and I know i'll hardly use it but it is sooooo stunning, I cant give it up..lol

I would feel a little worse about having her track it down, that being said, I have rtnd alot leather goods over all the years, I just try to give that SA my future business. Usually when I go in to rtn something I end up walking out with something else . . .

I try to keep the SAs happy only because if I want something LE (now I am waitlisted for the watercolor) I want to try my best to be on the list, and I call in asap and try to get high on the list . . . it's all such a scramble.

I like the idea of looking for a fault on it - easy way out!

i wouldn't feel bad about it. i'm sure ppl do this all the time. when the miroir cosmetic cases came out i waitlisted at 3 diff boutiques to make sure i got one. after one store called me and i got it, the other stores called me as well, and i just told them i found it somewhere else. neither store gave me any grief, and it was all ok. you should never feel forced to buy something.

I purchased the heart in the violette color by phone, when I received I was not crazy about the color and I was going to return it, but loved the silver heart and the armarante color, so in the end got 2 of the hearts. It is not cheap for a small accessorie, but I think it was worth it. Decide when it comes in and if you don't like it let your SA know, it wont be hard for the store to sell it wont be there for long. Selling on ebay can be a pain, especially getting back what you paid for it, when you can just avoid that.