Is it Possible to Create the Perfect All-Hermes Collection? Need Help!

Emailed by my sister-in-law:

1. Capacious bag for travel: Lindy 35, Rubis
2. A Structured, dressy day bag for wearing with suits: Sellier Kelly 28. Box, PHW, Noir or Rouge H.
3. Beach Bag: Not Hermes. Hermes at the beach? Are you nuts?
4. A large day bag for Fall/Winter: Plume 32, Box, Dark Color
5. A large day bag for Spring/Summer: Victoria II Bamboo
6. Small-Medium bag for F/W touring: Mini Convoyeur wallet in Noir
7. Small-Medum bag for S/S touring: Picotin 18 in a fun bright or white
8. Large, durable bag to take to horse shows to hold a blanket, thermos etc.: Garden Party 36, Orange
9. Dressy minaudiere for gowns or palazzos: Medor, white, GHW to use F/W or S/S.

That leaves #10. A Birkin 35, just for the H of it, in any color that makes your heart sing.
LOL. Love your #3 but my first thought is garden party 36 nacy and white haha

Reactions: prepster
I’ve seen many great suggestions already so just tossing out some bags that I don’t think have been mentioned as possibilities for categories 2 and 4.

2. A structured dressy day bag to wear with a suit. Think funeral, or meeting with my banker or attorney (similar experiences :amuse:) -
Mosaique au 24 - 21 in Epsom
But if you want a bag that can carry a few files to meetings with your attorney or banker then maybe a plume 32 in box.

4. A large day handbag for Fall/Winter: a 24/24 - 35 in Maurice/Barenia or Togo/Swift if you want a lighter bag

Reactions: jbags07
I’ve seen many great suggestions already so just tossing out some bags that I don’t think have been mentioned as possibilities for categories 2 and 4.

2. A structured dressy day bag to wear with a suit. Think funeral, or meeting with my banker or attorney (similar experiences :amuse:) -
Mosaique au 24 - 21 in Epsom
But if you want a bag that can carry a few files to meetings with your attorney or banker then maybe a plume 32 in box.

4. A large day handbag for Fall/Winter: a 24/24 - 35 in Maurice/Barenia or Togo/Swift if you want a lighter bag
The Mosaique au 24 and the 24/24 are relatively new designs, so naturally it wasn't mentioned since this thread was started in 2016. ;)

This thread is fun!

1. A capacious bag for travel - Bolide 31/35 in neutral

2. A structured dressy day bag to wear with a suit. Think funeral, or meeting with my banker or attorney (similar experiences :amuse:) - Kelly 28 box leather.

3. A beach bag: one of those H basket/weaving tote.

4. A large day handbag for Fall/Winter: Kelly 32 in dark neutral Black/Grey/Dark Blue.

5. A large day handbag for Spring/Summer: Birkin 35 toile

6. A small-medium bag for Fall/Winter for touring or walking all day. Could be shoulder or handbag: Kelly 28 Etoupe

7. A small handbag for Spring/Summer for touring or walking all day: Kelly 28/25 in orange, pop blue or red.

8. A tough bag to take to horse shows to hold a blanket, thermos, etc. that can handle getting dirty: Garden Party 36 Black

9/10. Two dressy minaudieres or clutches that will work for evening gowns or flow-y palazzo pants, perhaps one for Fall/Winter, one for Spring/Summer: Egee for formal and Pliplat for casual evening.

I am afraid I'd be the minority here, but I thought I could share my views about this capsule collection.

I have managed to cover all my needs with various versions of the Kelly bag.

Casual day bag, workhorse : Kelly retourne 35.
Over the years I have owned, Box leather, Togo, Barenia , Gulliver, Matte Croc, Ostrich...

Formal day bag : Kelly 32 sellier. (Ostrich, Box, Croc etc...) (35 and 28 work as well)

Afternoon events : Kelly 28 sellier (box leather) (25 works as well)

Night : Mini Kelly. 20 or Mini Mini Kelly 15 ( any leather looks perfect)

Hermes clutches do not work for me for evening, I much prefer wearing my Jersey Chanel with the chains hidden inside.... or nothing.
The definitive Kelly universe....

I am looking for two really fun threads. The other is about what (10?) bags you would own and listed different functions for each (work horse, business, sporting event, beach, evening, etc.). Maybe someone who is following them or knows the title can post it here? I did a search and cannot find what I am looking for.
Thanks in advance!
Here is one of the threads that you're looking for. :smile: