Is it kind of rank to tie a Twilly around a non-H bag?

1. I was browsing hermes the other day and realized that I love the look of a sweet little Twilly tied to the handle of a handbag. However, I certainly don't want to do this if it is something reserved for a Birkin/Kelly/etc. :smile:

Can I do this without looking silly?

Thanks!!!

2. I don´t think so, in fact I do it all the time.

3. I don't see why you can't do it. I ever saw people tying Twilly on LV or Coach bag.

4. I think a twilly looks great tied anywhere! Go for it!!

5. Oh my gosh, I asked this a while ago too! Tie away, tie scarves on everything! I would tie one on DH if he let me, but he won't even let the fly-fishing one near him.

6. uh, no offence, but why would you even think that?

7. It's not gauche at all IMO; I tie my twilly around my LV bags :yes:

8. Not at all, I think they look great on anything.....even a cold drink! :tup:

DSC00277.jpg
  9. ^^ So cute!!! I tie twillys and pochettes on my Speedy all the time! :tup:

10. no, no, no and no! it is NOT rank! slavish adherance to labels is BORING -- use what you like, how you like it. tie you twilly on your non-name bag if you like.

and as i always advise, if anyone gives you a look like you shouldn't have, whack 'em with your twilly-embellished bag. such is the treatment that clods warrant.

11. Awesome! Thanks to most of you for your very polite and friendly replies. :love:

I am not trying to overthink things, but I also didn't want to do anything that was kind of a time-honored Hermes "thing". Like anything, there is a learning curve that not all of us are on the down-swing of.

Well, I guess we all know what I'll be shopping for tomorrow!:drool: I will spare you all a big, dramatic unveiling. :smile: We'll save that for when I bring home a BIG orange box. :graucho:

I also plan to buy my husband the silver punched money clip for our anniversary, so this will be a little something for me, too. :smile:

Thanks!!!

12. I agree...cheers!:drinkup:

13. :roflmfao::roflmfao::roflmfao:

ETA: And I LOVE DQ's brilliant but violent advice as quoted below. Seriously, DQ! Don't forget you're a poet! You're supposed to be a sensitive shrinking violet, unless you're aiming for Byronesque status, then I guess go ahead and start whacking people.

and as i always advise, if anyone gives you a look like you shouldn't have, whack 'em with your twilly-embellished bag. such is the treatment that clods warrant.

Have fun with your new twilly, OCM!

14. tie it on anything you want. there is no law against it!

15. Well, I did it! I popped down to my SCP Hermes boutique and decided on the Bolduc au Carre in the black/white/gray/beige colorway. :smile:

I immediately tied it on my newest Fall darling, the Tracy Reese in Cecily. It looks absolutely adorable, and I am really happy with my first humble Hermes purchase. :love:

Twillys are like a gateway drug, aren't they? I'm in big trouble now, I can already tell. ;) I even have my eye on the ballerina pocket square in the orange colorway. Also very cute. :smile:

Thank for the help!