Is it just me, or ....

I am more middle of the road. I try to be carefull but I don't totally baby them either. I keep them in the dust cover when I am not using them. I am bad about putting them on the floor at work next to my desk. At least it is on carpet.

I am lucky living in Los Angeles I don't really have to worry about bad weather and my bags.

I have to agree, sometimes I'm like COME ON! GOOD GRACIOUS!!!! Don't get me wrong, I take care of my bag, I won't sit it down on the ground in the stadium at a baseball game, but at the same time I don't go into hysterics just because there is a water spot on my bag.

I can see both points of view. I buy my bags and shoes to wear them, and at first I'm careful- but within a couples wears I relax. My loved bags and shoes show wear. I don't abuse them, but i don't baby them.

I'm careful, but not obsessive. I try to take good care of all of them, and I would be bummed if I scratched them up, BUT I also realize these bags are meant to be used and you can only be so careful. They're such an investment though that I really do try to keep them looking as good as I can.

I mean everyone is different. It's kinda like you wouldn't walk around in dirty tattered clothing, why do it with a bag. You maintain your colthes don't you. Some feel that a bag just like clothes needs to be maintained. Some are also the same way with shoes. Everyone just has a different approach to taking care of what they have which I believe is the way it should be. Everthing you wear from your clothes, accessories, and hair is a statement of who you are, and believe it or not says a lot about you.
Just my opinion.

I agree. I think that's kinda a personal thing. I take good care of my clothes, bags, jewelries, shoes...etc. Some friends said I am crazy, but I don't care.

I try to be careful but with three kids I just can't obsess over it. I've learned that a little protection goes a long way! I keep ink pens away from my leather and I try not to get caught in a downpour. But I try to be realistic also, its a purse, not a person.

well, for me, I baby my LVs when they are pretty new. after a while, I just use them as normal bags except the one that really need more attentions (like vernis, MC...). For most of my mono, I don't mind if there are some uneven color change or water marks. if there are some dirt, I will clean them off (at least I can do those).

I take good care of my bags. I do belive that stuff happens but I do my best to keep them in the best condition possible.
I don't put my bag on the floor. When I am not using them they are put away in their dustbags in my closet.
As with all of my things I do my best to take care of them....

Bag Horror Story:
I travel for a living so am constantly working in different paces. I was in Dallas Texas and the buiding I was in for the day had wet paint signs in the hall. The offices had no signs on them and the walls appeared to be clean and dry. The carpets were freshly vacumed so I put my prada bag with patent trim on the floor. I later noticed white marks on the trim...apparently the wall area under my desk had been painted and was still tacky. I was lucky a shoemaker (recomended by a Prada Store in LA) was able to get most of the paint off. Since then I do take a little extra care...