Is it a waste of money?

For the papillons, I can't seem to find what's wrong with the cheaper one other than the little dark spots on the handles (perhaps it would be cleanable?).

But for the trapeze, I'd say definitely go for the more expensive one, because the first one has too many scuffs on the leather and even dirt on the side! You can't fix those..

nyaao said:
For the papillons, I can't seem to find what's wrong with the cheaper one other than the little dark spots on the handles (perhaps it would be cleanable?).

But for the trapeze, I'd say definitely go for the more expensive one, because the first one has too many scuffs on the leather and even dirt on the side! You can't fix those..

i'm kind of leaning towards that too. the dark spots on the handles are water marks, according to the seller :shrugs:, so all i can do it wait for them to set in with the patina :sad:

and yes, i've already decided to get the newer Trapeze, because the scuffs on the cheaper one are bugging me

I would rather have a bag with a better condition i.e. mint/like new. However, if the flaw is minor and you can't see it when you carry the bag for example penmarks inside or minor scuffs on the bottom of the bag, I wouldn't mind it, as long as the rest of the bag looks excellent! Also, since I don't like dark patina, I won't buy it if it has dark patina. If it is just medium or light honey colour, I can accept it :smile:

nyaao said:
Umm, unless the lighter colored bag is the one with the water marks.. then you'd want it to patina to cover up the marks right? Hmmm.

no, the lighter one doesn't have water marks, and is in near-perfect condition. and if i got that i will Shining Monkey the hell out of it :lol:!

At first I thought losing out on $600 was a bit much, but now I strongly think you should go for both of the better condition bags--you'd never regret it, and you would regret otherwise!

And I'm the type of person to not care about minor imperfections, but for some reason the marks and scuff marks all bother me... so I bet for a perfectionist like you, you'd feel sad everytime you saw it.

nyaao said:
At first I thought losing out on $600 was a bit much, but now I strongly think you should go for both of the better condition bags--you'd never regret it, and you would regret otherwise! And I'm the type of person to not care about minor imperfections, but for some reason the marks and scuff marks all bother me... so I bet for a perfectionist like you, you'd feel sad everytime you saw it.

that's exactly what i'm thinking too :yes:. i know in the long run the scuffs will bother me, so i guess i'll be getting both newer ones. as soon as i hear from the seller to see if she'll give me discount for buying in bulk:wlae: