is houndstooth just a trend?

1. hi sorry if this has already been discussed... but i recently saw a b&w houndstooth coat that i fell in love with and i was planning to buy it until a good friend of mine said that she thinks houndstooth is just a trend for this year and it'll be out by next year. what do you guys think? will a coat still look good next year or will it look outdated? ahh thanks for your second (& third) opinions!

2. i think its a print that is timeless and goes with almost everything. i have 2 hounstooth jackets that iv had a few seasons and still wear all of the time.

3. Houndstooth is def. not a Trend..I have a houndstooth jacket that my Mum wore in the 50's and it is still as classic a look today as it was way back then..get the coat!:tup:

4. I agree. It is classic and I really like the look.

5. it's totally a classic - I saw a jacket in SF the other day that's almost identical to one I have hanging in my closet that I've had for 20 years. It's one of my favorite patterns.

6. It's been around for decades! LOL! I should know... I have been too!

BTW, I love houndstooth. The only thing that might go out of fashion is the styling. If that concerns you, I'd stick with a conservative silhouette.

7. Been around forever! I would say go for it. It is one of those things that with the right accessories, you will look fab years from now.

8. I agree with everyone else - it is a classic pattern that has just gotten more popular this year.

9. I think it's a classic.

10. What they all said ^^^ It's a classic, unless of course the cut itself is too trendy.

11. Like everyone else said, houndstooth comes and goes, like most classic patterns. Maybe you wont see as many new items with the pattern in a while, but it wont be outdated. People have been wearing houndstooth for decades and will continue to do so in the future too :yes:

12. Classic, except for the oversized patterns with huge checks

13. Not at all! I have a gorgeous pink houndstooth coat that I love wearing and my mom used to wear houndstooth back in the 60's and on as well.
    It's timeless and always looks classic.

14. Definately a classic!!!

15. i think the houndstooth trend falls out during spring - summer time but ALWAYS comes back fall and winter