Is Hermes more important than safety?

Status
Not open for further replies.
:roflmfao::roflmfao:Avan, can you be my bodyguard if I visit NYC? :P

This reminded me of a post I saw in Gen Discussion a while back where a guy tried to steal one of the tpf-er's Balenciaga and ended up tearing off one of the tassles. The tpf-er got pissed and fought back, breaking the assailant's arm in doing so.

Major kudos to that person!!! :roflmfao:

If they caught me in the right mood, they'd regret it, as my heavy scottish/irish (oh yes, I'm stereotyping!!) background allows me one nasty temper if the elements come together just right :biggrin: Probably the reason for those anger management sessions during my youth :shame:

OMG this threads just gets funnier and funnier!!! All kidding aside, my DH and I were robbed at gunpoint, RIGHT IN FRONT of my then best friend's apartment!! I mean literally we were standing right outside her door (her door was still slightly ajar even) and 2 guys walked up to us, one pulled out a gun, held it to my DH's head and told him to give the guy his wallet!! My husband quickly gave it to him, along w/ all the contents in his front pockets! At that time while they were threatening my DH, I quickly turned my engagement ring around so as they couldn't see the diamond. They went through my Dh's wallet and found only 30 bucks and immediately got angry. My Dh reassured them that was all the money he had. They immediately grabbed my purse and ran off. The funny part about this whole story is that while they were running away, my DH yells after them and says, "You can take whatever you want inside the purse, but pls. LEAVE THE PURSE!!" The crazy part is THEY DID!! We saw them dump it in the trash can nearby and when they were gone, we went and got it!! The only thing they took out of the purse was my cell phone! My wallet was intact, which btw, had close to $300 in it!!! IT was just a petty holdup to get whatever cash they could but they had to threaten our lives w/ it!!!! I won't ever forget what my DH did for us!!!

OMG this threads just gets funnier and funnier!!! All kidding aside, my DH and I were robbed at gunpoint, RIGHT IN FRONT of my then best friend's apartment!! I mean literally we were standing right outside her door (her door was still slightly ajar even) and 2 guys walked up to us, one pulled out a gun, held it to my DH's head and told him to give the guy his wallet!! My husband quickly gave it to him, along w/ all the contents in his front pockets! At that time while they were threatening my DH, I quickly turned my engagement ring around so as they couldn't see the diamond. They went through my Dh's wallet and found only 30 bucks and immediately got angry. My Dh reassured them that was all the money he had. They immediately grabbed my purse and ran off. The funny part about this whole story is that while they were running away, my DH yells after them and says, "You can take whatever you want inside the purse, but pls. LEAVE THE PURSE!!" The crazy part is THEY DID!! We saw them dump it in the trash can nearby and when they were gone, we went and got it!! The only thing they took out of the purse was my cell phone! My wallet was intact, which btw, had close to $300 in it!!! IT was just a petty holdup to get whatever cash they could but they had to threaten our lives w/ it!!!! I won't ever forget what my DH did for us!!!
Just a "mad" thought... but even a couple of men... have a couple of Nuts... you Kik'em just right, and the gun goes away!:cursing: I am very anti-violence,...but that includes, me!

:wtf::wtf::wtf: That is the scariest thing I have heard in a while, I'm so sorry that happened to you guys!!! :wtf:

But OMG major kudos to your DH!!! And wow those were some pretty dumb robbers

well, i didn't mean to offend anyone by my comment and i'm certainly not here to pick a fight. i spoke from my own experience, but i've worked in very bad rundown areas in certain parts of nyc (i won't name them b/c i'm afraid that i might offend someone again), and i've lived in & LOVEd nyc all my life. But, to be practical, i don't wear my expensive stuff to those locations. so yes, there are "unsafe" locations. my car's headlights were gutted and was broken into in a certain part of queens that i long considered safe, but found out from the police officer who helped us that this kind of crime was on the rise in the area and from now on to be careful there. do i go back there? well, unfortunately no, i'm still hurt by the whole thing that happened, especially because my personal belongings had sentimental value and things that i worked hard for were taken from me. but in the end, as my DH said, we were ok.

:wtf::wtf::wtf: That is the scariest thing I have heard in a while, I'm so sorry that happened to you guys!!! :wtf:

But OMG major kudos to your DH!!! And wow those were some pretty dumb robbers

The crazy and rather stupid thing is WE BOTH saw them around the corner, and I immediately clutched my purse closer to my body, but in a casual way. I ALSO had a funny feeling about them as they got closer but dismissed it!!! I figured, they wouldn't think of doing anything to us right here in front of my best friend's apt door! I won't ever do that again!!! Goes to show your gut instinct about danger really is the most accurate!! So always trust your gut instincts!! My DH and I were both threatened w/ our lives bc I dismissed my gut instinct!! All we needed to do was just step insider her front door!!:yucky: :Push:

we all can still hold on to our birkins/kellys.

learn taekwondo, when such robbers come our way, kick their most sensitive part depending on their gender. learn tricks, watch action movies such as Jackie Chan's movies. observe his gonfu acts, his kickass acts, even if there's a gun, Jackie can still defeat the evil. get what i mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.