Is Enviga safe?????

1. Coca-Cola has released a new drink, Enviga. Supposedly it is a calorie burner, with 3 bottles of these in a day you can lose up to somewehre around 100 calories.

does anyone know more information abou this drink? as to whether or not it is safe and if it erallly works. thanks

2. I think I read they have been told not to make those claims. Wish I could recall where I read that. So maybe it's not what the advertising says.

3. that would cost a whole bunch for only 100 calories...doesn't seem worth it...

4. supposedly it's safe

however one its a ridiculous claim it will make you lose weight bcuz each can burns like 35 calories. and you need to drink like threee a day

I TRIED ONE CAN, I WAS ALL OVER THE PLACE IN A SCARY WAY, VERY HYPER, HEART RACING, A LITTLE TO HYPER AND PANICKY, AND I COULDNT' SIT STILL AND HAD CLASSMATES EIGHT HOURS LATER CONCERNED AS I WAS AS SOMEONE PUT IT TOOO HYPER.

sorry for the caps..but my experience I want to seen

5. It is a caffeine rush, no?

6. ack...where was this stuff last week when i needed it during finals?!

7. It actually has the same amount of caffeine as a cup of coffee. Love the stuff! I figure buring an extra 100 calories never hurt anyone...

8. I like the Berry flavor! I've been drinking it and does give you a rush of energy.

9. Yeah the berry is good. It's "safe" but they are just being investigated to see if the claims of boosting metabolism are true.

10. one of my roommates is in the public relations student association of america at the college we go to, and since Coke is a biiiiig sponsor of my school, a lot of coke officials will come and talk to various clubs for stuff. one of their PR people came to talk to PRSSA about enviga, and she said that he gave out copies of the research that they had done and proof that it was safe. you have to drink 3 a day to burn 100 calories. drinking more than that doesn't have an added effect.

what most people don't know, though, is that if you drink your 8 glasses of water a day ice-cold, your body will burn on average 125 extra calories warming that water up to body temperature. so make sure the stuff you drink is always as cold as possible, and you'll still burn the calories.

11. ^That's good to know. Thanks for sharing Amanda! I just happen to LOVE ice-cold water :yahoo:

12. Telling people they have to drink three a day is a good way to sell the stuff. It may be safe, but I don't think it's worth the money. I'd rather just go for a walk to burn those calories than walk around in a caffeine-induced mania.

13. Amanda, the PR people get all the data by the company- so Coca-cola provided that info. Could be true sure, but lots of floofing involved :amuse:

I wouldn't drink it either... that would be a chore to drink 3 of them a day!

14. oh trust me, i know, i withdrew from the only PR class i ever signed up for - i HATE PR PEOPLE. it's all smoke and mirrors. let's just say i haven't taken her up on the offer to try one from the case that she brought home...

15. Don't hate on us PR people! ;) We're just journalism majors and former reporters on the "other side" of things :p