Is anyone into sailing? If so...

1. Do you have any gift suggestions for a new sailor? My bf just got a new sailboat (30-something feet I have no idea lol), and his birthday is coming up. I want to get him something related to sailing that he could use for under $100. Thanks! :idea:

2. Hi there,

My boyfriend and his dad are really into sailing (his dad's team won nationals a couple times!) Now, they have a 1D35.

I have a couple ideas for you: how about new sailing gloves or sailing shorts? Some of the shorts have removable butt pads, so it doesn't hurt when they sit for a long time. Try looking at some sailing shops like West Marine. Both of those should be under $100.

Hope this helps! :smile:

3. Thanks! :smile: Good idea!

4. I am into sailing, we just sold our sailboat this year due to time contraints and her being in another city. I am sure you will enjoy sailing. But for him I'd go for a gift certificate to West Marine. It won't go far, but it is something (@ West Marine things add up pretty quickly). Sailboats are moneypits as your bf will soon find out. Or since he is a new sailor a nice sailing reference book would be a useful gift, I think they top out at about 100 bucks.

5. Thanks! :smile:

6. Great ideas so far!! I would also add a nice, sturdy duffel bag or 2 for gear are always used and appreciated! West Marine usually has nice ones with plastic zippers so they don't rust.