IS anyone here an incurable worrier............

OMG that is sooo creepy!!

LOL, DH & I have had the flu for the last two weeks- I totally blame him (he is a teacher) for bringing the germ to me cause I am seriously Howard Hughesette around sick people with anti-bacterial hand lotion. :graucho:

Then my cousin invited us for dinner, but warned that she and her DH and their 7 yr old daughter all have strep throat. Needless to say we didn't go there tonight!!! :P

Its disgusting!! I read somewhere that a sneeze travels at 400 mph, so if I hear someone sneeze across the room, I am already thinking I am done in...lol So I start spraying my spray all over, I get weird looks, but it doesn't stop me:roflmfao:

OMG, I worry about *everything*!!!

The minute I leave the house I worry that I forgot to unplug my curling iron, turn off the stove, close the garage door, when I go back to check I worry that I am OCD. :Push:

The second I don't feel well I worry that I have some terrible tropocal disease.

I worry that if I go to the Dr they will find something really really wrong with me, I worry that if I don't go I'm terribly ill and I'll get worse without treatment. :wtf:

Sigh, good to I am in good company though! :wlae:

I am the exact same way! I worry about everything!!! And i can't do anything to stop it?! :sad:

OMG, I worry about *everything*!!!

The minute I leave the house I worry that I forgot to unplug my curling iron, turn off the stove, close the garage door, when I go back to check I worry that I am OCD. :Push:

The second I don't feel well I worry that I have some terrible tropocal disease.

I worry that if I go to the Dr they will find something really really wrong with me, I worry that if I don't go I'm terribly ill and I'll get worse without treatment. :wtf:

Sigh, good to I am in good company though! :wlae:

Think I have OCD also :yahoo: was going to do research on this for my M.Sc but got sidetracked (long story)

That's why I started this thread we can support one another & feel not so alone.

Sometimes our well meaning, well adjusted, carefree (I envy them so much) friends can make us feel a bit silly! Support is great & we are not freaks just people who care/feel too much = good people!!!

Oh lord, I worry about everything and I thought I was alone.. ever since my dad got shot (he's fine now) when I was yougner, I worry everytime he or my mom leaves the house... im only 21 and shouldnt have to worry like this because theyre not my kids..

I worry that while my mom is getting in her car (she sometimes leaves her door open while putting her bag on the other seat or taking the club off etc) that someone will car jack her..

I worry if my parents are ok while at work.. is someone hassling them etc..

I worry about my boyfriend away at school.. is he ok, is he happy etc.. omg, it hurts!

I worry about the cars in the driveway, everytime I hear a car alarm I get anxiety about the worst things...

I worry about everything and anything-if there is nothing to worry about, I worry that things are going too well and will come crashing down. It's a terrible way to live.

WOW!!! That's exactly how I feel. Sometimes I feel like I am the only one who can't go five seconds w/o worrying about something..my fiance is always soooo calm and I envy that. Now I'm starting to wonder if everyone isn't like that. Great post BTW, it's exactly what I needed after such a horrible week!

If I am driving home, and someone is following behind me 'too long' IMO, I will purposely not drive home thinking it is some phsycho trying to follow me 2 kill me....I will just keep driving around until I 'lose' the car...lol I know, I know, CRAZY!

I am the exact same way! I worry about everything!!! And i can't do anything to stop it?! :sad:

Yip, it takes you over, premeates every hour of you waking day & even your dreams!!
Perhaps we can all work together here to help one another!!

Tonight I just thought, could I make a conscious decision to be truly happy for just one day??? One day free from worry for me would be like winning the lottery!
There is a thread here by a lovely lady called "The Awakening" I met her on another thread, as I am in this post now I cannot access the link but just search for it.
It basically says that maybe we get what we think we will get & for me that is not good.
We have to change the negative way we think!!!!!! Major challenge!!!!!
I have heard this theory before so time to take heed! I am not preaching here I haven't managed to do it yet!

I have no doubt that my bag addiction is a distraction & while I adore my bags I am still searching for THE perfect bag, that is a reflection on my life!!!!!

Oh lord, I worry about everything and I thought I was alone.. ever since my dad got shot (he's fine now) when I was yougner, I worry everytime he or my mom leaves the house... im only 21 and shouldnt have to worry like this because theyre not my kids..

I worry that while my mom is getting in her car (she sometimes leaves her door open while putting her bag on the other seat or taking the club off etc) that someone will car jack her..

I worry about my boyfriend away at school.. is he ok, is he happy etc.. omg, it hurts!

I worry about the cars in the driveway, everytime I hear a car alarm I get anxiety about the worst things...

Don't worry, you are def. not alone, I used to think the same thing. :flowers:

You are not alone & I am sorry you had such trauma with your dad, glad he is ok. My dad was killed in an horrific car crash when I was 18, it certainly changed my carefree life! I became the carer for my mum then still am many many years later!

Every traumatic incident leaves it's mark.
Hang in here & don't feel alone, we can help each other :smile:

Yip, it takes you over, premeates every hour of you waking day & even your dreams!!
Perhaps we can all work together here to help one another!!

Tonight I just thought, could I make a conscious decision to be truly happy for just one day??? One day free from worry for me would be like winning the lottery!
There is a thread here by a lovely lady called "The Awakening" I met her on another thread, as I am in this post now I cannot access the link but just search for it.
It basically says that maybe we get what we think we will get & for me that is not good.
We have to change the negative way we think!!!!!! Major challenge!!!!!
I have heard this theory before so time to take heed! I am not preaching here I haven't managed to do it yet!

I have no doubt that my bag addiction is a distraction & while I adore my bags I am still searching for THE perfect bag, that is a reflection on my life!!!!!

This is seriously so great everyone, this is exactly what I needed!!!! I LOVE this thread, I have been feeling so down lately, and it really helps to know that we are all not alone. We should work together to give ourselves the ultimate dream of living day by day w/o worrying so much, because really, in the end, it's all petty, we need to be there for the ones we love while they are with us, and if we are constantly worrying, we cannot totally be there for them.

Again, this is a great thread, thanks, BagAngel

I worry over everything, too. It's why I started yoga, and while it helps, I still need to find ways to let go. Worrying won't change anything that's meant to happen, anyway.

WOW!!! That's exactly how I feel. Sometimes I feel like I am the only one who can't go five seconds w/o worrying about something..my fiance is always soooo calm and I envy that. Now I'm starting to wonder if everyone isn't like that. Great post BTW, it's exactly what I needed after such a horrible week!
Great to have a place to come for help, stay with us we will try to help each other!

This is seriously so great everyone, this is exactly what I needed!!!! I LOVE this thread, I have been feeling so down lately, and it really helps to know that we are all not alone. We should work together to give ourselves the ultimate dream of living day by day w/o worrying so much, because really, in the end, it's all petty, we need to be there for the ones we love while they are with us, and if we are constantly worrying, we cannot totally be there for them.

Again, this is a great thread, thanks, BagAngel
Ah, you're so welcome, me too been feeling really down lately with all going on in my life & worrying about more which just compounds the issues.
I am so glad I posted, as i thought long & hard about exposing my vulnerability! I Would love to appear like the "altogether" nothing to worry about but being a bag collector but that is not reality, it is an escape!
We are all human here & together we perhaps can work out a formulae to beat this crap in our lives!
This can be a great thread to help each other put some sanity into our irrational thoughts!

OMG that is sooo creepy!!

LOL, DH & I have had the flu for the last two weeks- I totally blame him (he is a teacher) for bringing the germ to me cause I am seriously Howard Hughesette around sick people with anti-bacterial hand lotion. :graucho:

Then my cousin invited us for dinner, but warned that she and her DH and their 7 yr old daughter all have strep throat. Needless to say we didn't go there tonight!!! :P
Oh I can so relate :yahoo:

If I am driving home, and someone is following behind me 'too long' IMO, I will purposely not drive home thinking it is some phsycho trying to follow me 2 kill me....I will just keep driving around until I 'lose' the car...lol I know, I know, CRAZY!
No not crazy, a fear that you have that is very real to you!

I have to go to bed now 5am here, crazy but I don't like going to bed early with my irrational thoughts! TPF has been a life saver but I need to deal with the fears & post at a healthy hour!!!!

Amazed & delighted at the response to this thread but sorry that so many share my worries, not a pleasant place to be.

Let's keep this thread going & work through this crap that is taking the joy from our lives!

Chat tomorrow friends :smile: