Is anyone brave enough to confess...

^think of a windshield wiper going back and forth leaving a streak. Turn it upside down and you have a "smiley". The lock is swinging back and forth and making an arc on the turnlock plate.

Very nice description! My "smiley" was pressed right onto the leather underneath the plate due to the way I carried/stored the bag...

I'll confess.....put the first gazillion scratches/scrapes on the front of my new Barenia Trim. There is a craftsman in residence at the store at the moment, and he gave me a little polishing cloth and a lesson on how to buff them out - works like a dream! My Barenia is already patina-ing!!!!!!

i guess i get the award for owning the sloppiest, most beat up,
most abused H bags.
i have tried to rationalize this by calling it "character"!!!!
i love my bags, but don't take any special care of them:

my birken fell off a table and the lock is now crooked.
that sure makes it unique!
the leather on the bottom is also so beat up
that it has worn away near the seam.
aint that character???
claude said that the lock can be changed,
but the worn away edges cannot be repaired,
except to have a good cleaning treatment.

my evelyne has scatches on the front and i have no idea how it happened.

time for a new year spa visit.

^^ I applaud your lack of obsessive complusion on this! I am afraid I suffer from OCD regarding certain things and having a bag with a crooked lock would put me over the edge. :crybaby:

I know there are many things worth actually worrying about; world peace, childrens and our health, etc. But I have to admit that I cringe if my bag even comes near a wall. I also do not put my handbag in the backseat in case either of my 2 babies should for some awful reason throw up during a car ride. It has never happened (seriously knocking on wood with my foot) but therein goes my OCD with my bags! :sweatdrop:

^^ I applaud your lack of obsessive complusion on this! I am afraid I suffer from OCD regarding certain things and having a bag with a crooked lock would put me over the edge. :crybaby:

I know there are many things worth actually worrying about; world peace, childrens and our health, etc. But I have to admit that I cringe if my bag even comes near a wall. I also do not put my handbag in the backseat in case either of my 2 babies should for some awful reason throw up during a car ride. It has never happened (seriously knocking on wood with my foot) but therein goes my OCD with my bags! :sweatdrop:

thanks, but my ocd shows up INSIDE my bag,
where everything is lined up,
sometimes with monochromatic accessories and
sometimes with rainbow colors.
it might have ice cream stains on the front,
but INSIDE is a different story.

unique? nuts? foolish? quirky? different? laissez-faire attitude?
all of the above.

Being the anally-retentive vainpot(think of a gay man who has many a mirror and sucks up furniture if he should sit down for too long!) that I am, I have a special pouch that contains face spray, mirrors, lip balm, moisturisers for various parts of my face and body).

Well, one fine day after washing my hands, I took out and squeezed a tube of handcream a bit too hard. And it squirted a stream of Dermalogica's Multi-Vitamin Hand Cream all over my Garden Party. Wonderful product...but I digress. The GP is black canvas. The cream? It was white! Needless to say, I broke out my accessories pouch - the one with the Wet Ones in it. All I managed to do was spread the stain. It was slowly turning from streak to patch. And I was making it worse with each and every panicked attempt.

I called the store manager in Kuala Lumpur Hermes immediately and with her advice, took it to a reputable dry cleaners here in Penang where they did, 'spot-dry cleaing'. The stains left safely. And there I was, almost crying and wondering how I was going to use the bag happily when always making sure only the non-stained side of the bag could be viewed at any time.