Is 10% off for a slight defect on a full retail priced Chanel handbag good?

1. It's a cambon bowler from a department store.

The front has a slight scratch you can see if you look closely. The manager said it's not really a scratch, but something in the grain of the leather, more of the way it was made.
    Kinda makes sense. B/c it's not a full on scratch, more like a light scratch or something with a straight edge was pushed against it to make a mark.

The SA was supposed to find another one to get it transferred in (went in last week), but I went in today, she said it turned out they couldn't track one down.

It's also a hard to find color combo. Brown with Brown patent CCs.

Just wondering if I got suckered in, or if it's a decent deal. Tax here is 7.75%, so with the 10% off, it's still a bit less than the retail value. I can still return it with the tags attached.

Sorry if this isn't the right section to post this in.
  2. If you love the bag and the "scratch" doens't bother you now or in the long run, then you got a great deal. I think that particular style/color combo is discontinued. Congrats on your purchase.
  3. Thanks - I'll try posting pics to show. I just wish they offered more of a discount or that I pushed for more.

I think I can live with it.
  4. If you think you could live with it, then get it! The Cambon line is discontiuned, so it might be hard to find another one.
  5. Updated pics. Wasn't sure how to update my original post.
    1.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 2.jpg
  6. I can hardly notice it, and if you didn't mention it, I don't know if I would have even spotted it.

If it bothers you send it back, but if you love it, keep it.
  7. Great color....if you like it keep it...I barely noticed the marks....congrats on a fabulous find....
  8. Agreed w/ DD101 :tup:
  9. I can't even see the mark you describe, and I have a keen eye for detail. Where is it?

The brown/brown patent is my favorite color combo in the Cambon line. I cannot for the life of me find the large tote or large Reporter. The bowler is really nice in this color combo!
  10. I saw it on the third picture. I figure you'll eventually get some scratches with use and the discount sounds too tempting to return. I say keep it! Great colour!
  11. I'll bet a leather conditioner would minimize that scratch. My black Cambon bowler has some superficial scratches from use that usually rub out to almost non-existant with a conditioner.
  12. Things always seem to look way worse in pics taken with camera flash than IRL. If you like the bag, and don't think the scratch will bug you, then keep it! And like roey suggested, try using leather conditioner to very gently "buff" the scratch out!
  13. I think you got a good deal! I didn't know they would reduce a bag with a small, surface scratch. You'll probably get a scratch on the bag just by using it... so I would grab that 10% too!
  14. I agree - just think about it this way at least you have the bag you wanted and if you had made the scratch yourself you would not have been able to save 10% instead you would be beating yourself up over it....I think it is a great deal for something so hard to see.
  15. What a gorgeous bag!!! I don't think the scratch is big at all.