iPod Question

1. I am currently using the first generation iPod Nano. The same artists are listed twice, sometimes even THREE times on the list of artists. That is, when I scroll down, I would see "Backstreet Boys" twice or "One Republic" thrice. It's annoying as heck and has finally gotten to me after all this time.

Yes, I am getting the iPod Touch next week, but I'd still like to know how to fix this problem since I'm passing the Nano to my sister.

Anyone know what I'm talking about and know how to fix it?

2. Is it the artist listed twice or the songs? I have a first-gen Nano, and I get song duplicates sometimes, but it's because I added it twice by accident. Sorry that wasn't very helpful. I think I know what you're talking about, but I'm not sure how to fix it. Did you ever contact Apple for support?

3. Check iTunes, and make sure that these artists are listed EXACTLY THE SAME on each of the songs. Case doesn't matter, but an extra character or space makes a difference. Your problem is in iTunes, not with the iPod.

4. ^ I made sure everything is written exactly the same on each song. I really think it's the uniqueness of each file.

Thank goodness I have a friend who is awesome at all sorts of tech issues and I was able to get an answer out of him and solve my problem. Anyone who has this issue, all you gotta do is select all the songs you want to consolidate under one artist name, right click on them, click 'yes' to wanting to edit info for all those songs, and just enter in the desired artist name.

Thanks for responding guys.

5. ^^ That sounds a lot easier than what I had to do!! I had to go through all of my songs, making sure everything was spelled EXACTLY the same, like pidgeon92 said. Do you know if what your tech-savvy friend told you will work for one of the new iPod classics? (which is what I have).

6. I think it should. Try it out. If it doesn't, let me know and I'll ask him. I'm talking to him right now.