Tech IPad 2 black or white

Alliep & Jayohwhy, after much consideration i decided to cancel my Verizon order and buy the at&t. I think traveling was a huge reason why i decided to get the AT&T. The horrible thing is now i have to wait until May 7 to get my Ipad 2. Thank you!

I could be wrong but I thought the first iPad had a regular sim and the micro sim was introduced in the iPad2 and iPhone 4. And I've been researching for overseas and the companies I looked up had microsims in use.

no, the first ipad has microsim-- i know because when i got my ipad2 i took the sim out of my ipad1 and transferred it over to the 2.

that's good news about overseas companies having the microsim! i'm glad. :]

I picked up a white 64G wifi, since I can tether with my iPhone4.

I was debating also, between the two colors, but I kind of liked the "girly" look of the white, since the iphone is black, my MBP is also black, just thought it'd be a nice change. I love it. :smile: (as does my 5 year old, haha - and husband for that matter) He's probably going to purchase a black 64g 3G and wifi for work, but this white one is for personal use. So it can be as girly as I want. :smile:

I ordered a white iPad 2 - 16GB/Wi-Fi + 3G, AT&T configuration. My BF has a black iPad - 16GB/Wi-Fi only, so having mine in a different color is going to make it a whole lot easier to distinguish our iPads.

is there a way, besides going to the Apple store, to find out if they have stock? Not Best Buy (I don't care for that store)

DC, If you are going to be in NYC soon, there is a place on 23rd street and 6th avenue that is an Authorized dealer for Apple. My friends go there for all things apple and for apple repairs. I have to pass by them today on my way to the gym, I can ask for you

DC, If you are going to be in NYC soon, there is a place on 23rd street and 6th avenue that is an Authorized dealer for Apple. My friends go there for all things apple and for apple repairs. I have to pass by them today on my way to the gym, I can ask for you

Great. Thanks... I'm coming up very soon :graucho:

is there a way, besides going to the Apple store, to find out if they have stock? Not Best Buy (I don't care for that store)
Walmart and Target carry the iPad 2 as well. You can call stores to see if they have stock. There's also an iOS app, FindOne, that will search the Walmart & Target inventory for you. You'll probably want to call before heading out because the online inventory isn't always up to date.

Google "ipad 2 inventory checker" and you will see some links to trackers.

Target: http://obamapacman.com/2011/03/target-stores-ipad-2-inventory-checker/

Best Buy: http://obamapacman.com/2011/03/best-buy-ipad-2-inventory-availability-tracker/

Walmart: http://obamapacman.com/2011/03/walmart-ipad-2-inventory-tracker-availability-locator/

Also, try calling your Toys r Us, that's where I was able to get mine! If you use the locators listed above, if a store shows "in stock", "available" "limited availability" or "in store only", be sure to call the store to double check since it's not a live update!

I went with the Black 32gb wifi only! I like how girly the white looks but to me, the white border made the screen appear smaller. I know it's an illusion, but the black just made the screen stand out IMO!

Yea, they talked me out of white, which was my choice # one. The guy mentioned that they have different kind of plastic/metal on a back of the iPad and white ones were out more quickly. Is there any difference really?