Involuntary Coach ban support group

Congratulations! My sales have been very slow, slower than my buying!

My purse came from ebay today. It smells like smoke so it is hanging outside. The good news is that it is in pretty good shape for a nearly 50 year old bag.

Can't wait to see it! Bummer about the smoke smell but airing it out and washing it will help.

Reactions: eleanors36
So I sold a bag -- thereby reaching "my number" (the number I decided on a year ago when things seemed out of control). I am excited but thought I would be more excited though. I think ideally if I can cut 5 more, then I would be ecstatic. I still have one listed. And a few that I am on the fence about. It's just there are a few here on the island with around a dozen or so. I also remember reading elsewhere on the forum that there are those with just 10 regular size bags (but those are LV/premium only). So I feel like I have to cut more. At the same time, there are a few bags I want to get at some point. Anyways, thanks for listening to the rambling of a mad pursaholic (lol).

I'm going to fix it up some but I don't consider it a rehab bag. I didn't buy for the rehab challenge, and since it is so old, I don't want to mess with it too much. I bought it because it is a Bonnie Cashin design that I'd only seen once before, and I think it is cute and good size for me. So partly as a collector's item, but also to use occasionally.

ETA: I'll take pictures after I bring it back inside.
Ooh, can't wait to see pics!
So I sold a bag -- thereby reaching "my number" (the number I decided on a year ago when things seemed out of control). I am excited but thought I would be more excited though. I think ideally if I can cut 5 more, then I would be ecstatic. I still have one listed. And a few that I am on the fence about. It's just there are a few here on the island with around a dozen or so. I also remember reading elsewhere on the forum that there are those with just 10 regular size bags (but those are LV/premium only). So I feel like I have to cut more. At the same time, there are a few bags I want to get at some point. Anyways, thanks for listening to the rambling of a mad pursaholic (lol).

Congrats on your sale & reaching your number! I know what you mean- it would feel so good to cut the collections back to around a dozen regular bags. I feel like they'd all get equal love. Then the "One in-One out" rule could be applied.
I was all set to cut back my collection to 20 regular size bags, but I think I can do better. I was rummaging through my collection & separated out bags to definitely sell & a "speed date" pile. I had an empty shelf after that, so I put 4 of my favorites on display. Looking at them makes me so giddy (yes, really...lol) that I am now going to compare my collection to those bags- if I get the same feeling about a certain bag, it stays. If not- it will be speed dated/sold. I feel like this strategy will work!
IMG_1472519219.390908.jpg

I know what you mean about not feeling ecstatic. I've felt that sometimes when buying something I really, really wanted. Achieving your goal isn't as satisfying as it should be. Don't let yourself be pressured by others having only a dozen. Your ideal number is yours, not anyone elses, and it is just a number. There is nothing magical about it. As long as you are using all your purses, there is no reason to cut back further.

Congrats on your sale & reaching your number! I know what you mean- it would feel so good to cut the collections back to around a dozen regular bags. I feel like they'd all get equal love. Then the "One in-One out" rule could be applied.
I was all set to cut back my collection to 20 regular size bags, but I think I can do better. I was rummaging through my collection & separated out bags to definitely sell & a "speed date" pile. I had an empty shelf after that, so I put 4 of my favorites on display. Looking at them makes me so giddy (yes, really...lol) that I am now going to compare my collection to those bags- if I get the same feeling about a certain bag, it stays. If not- it will be speed dated/sold. I feel like this strategy will work!
View attachment 3453177
Gorgeous! That giddy feeling is what we need to feel about all our bags. I have some favorites, and I always compare others to those. The problem I have is that I am so fickle. Even some of my very favorite bags have been neglected recently. Even though I love them, I don't feel like carrying them. Today I'm carrying my sunflower duffle, which I thought was a bag I could cut, but I'm enjoying it more than I expected. Since it is my only yellow bag, it fills a certain spot in my collection. Every time I look at all my duffles, I think I need to cut a few of them, but I can't figure out which colors I like least.

Gotcha. Sounds good! What a fun find. [emoji3]
I'm going to fix it up some but I don't consider it a rehab bag. I didn't buy for the rehab challenge, and since it is so old, I don't want to mess with it too much. I bought it because it is a Bonnie Cashin design that I'd only seen once before, and I think it is cute and good size for me. So partly as a collector's item, but also to use occasionally.

ETA: I'll take pictures after I bring it back inside.
You have some lovely Bonnie Cashin styles. Can't wait to see this one.

I think you have to determine what's best for you. I simply know that I need and WANT to get down more. Congrats on the sale! People must have decided to buy again.

View attachment 3453177
Love your shelf! I like that Rogue a lot and thought about it. Looks lovely on that shelf! Sounds like a good strategy to me! Let us know how this goes.

I know what you mean about not feeling ecstatic. I've felt that sometimes when buying something I really, really wanted. Achieving your goal isn't as satisfying as it should be. Don't let yourself be pressured by others having only a dozen. Your ideal number is yours, not anyone elses, and it is just a number. There is nothing magical about it. As long as you are using all your purses, there is no reason to cut back further.

Gorgeous! That giddy feeling is what we need to feel about all our bags. I have some favorites, and I always compare others to those. The problem I have is that I am so fickle. Even some of my very favorite bags have been neglected recently. Even though I love them, I don't feel like carrying them. Today I'm carrying my sunflower duffle, which I thought was a bag I could cut, but I'm enjoying it more than I expected. Since it is my only yellow bag, it fills a certain spot in my collection. Every time I look at all my duffles, I think I need to cut a few of them, but I can't figure out which colors I like least.
Then I would say you may not be able to cut any of them, and that's the way it is.

Thanks! That's great that you are planning to go below 20! Very admirable! Good idea about using the giddy factor in evaluating bags! My problem is that my duffles and other hobos are my "workhorse" bags -- but I don't feel giddy about them, they are great and colorful and all. But giddy,No. I should finish speed dating before I make any decision.

View attachment 3453177

Reactions: BeachBagGal
Thanks. I was just saying to Sarah that I don't feel giddy about my duffles and other hobos even though they are my most ideal bags! My workhorse. I already cut about half of my duffles so it's hard for me to cut more. I may just stick with my current number. I am on the fence about a few bags so they might go. But nothing drastic. If I can get close to 25, I would be happy.

Reactions: eleanors36
Will do. I actually don't like going to the boutiques and have SAs hovered or followed you around. I feel kinda bad that I usually leave without buying. I have been to this boutique (30 mins away) a couple of times and this one SA is super nice/knowledgeable (she recognized me on my second visit). I really prefer to shop "anonymously" at Macy's where no one helps me. Call me strange! This boutique is located in a Mall where there's an LV, Bal, Nordstrom, etc so it could be a costly excursion (lol) -- better not go huh?
I am the same way. I walk by our Coach store all of the time without going in because there are always 2 or more people just hanging around with no customers. If I do go in, I feel like they follow me around asking questions which I hate. There is one SA/manager that I like, and she is helpful in a comfortable way, but the others I just have to get out of the store quickly.

Great news! I sold 2 more bags and I am thinking of getting a black Sullivan hobo...I saw one for a great price and then I am feeling very content for fall/winter with my bags.

Reactions: katlun
You're at your "number?" Holy cow, Lam! Nice! I wouldn't focus on others and their number of bags. Do what works for you. If you still feel you want to sell more than throw a few up there. You've come a loooong way, Lam. :smile: