interesting experiment

1. if you listed the bags you have in order of preference, starting with the one you love the most and working backwards, and then started over with a new list and listed the bags you have in order of acquisition, starting with the one you got first...
    i would be curious if it's more often than not the case that the list is reversed...
    could you maybe just report your findings (if you don't want to list your inventory right here, lol)

2. List of preference(based on time of use)
    -36 tricolor HAC
    -35 chatrause Birkin
    -34 etoupe Lindy
    -35 black Trim II
    -31 gold Bolide
    -GP
    -Picotin MM etoupe
    -Massai GM indigo
    -Christine sable

List of acquisition:
    -Birkin 35
    -Picotin MM
    -31 Bolide
    -Massai GM
    -GP
    -Trim II
    -36 HAC
    -Christine
    -34 Lindy

3. HiHeels, very interesting:yes:

I feel you may be on to something here......really.

I still have a B that I bought early on.....but, that's about it.....the keepers seem to be the relatively more recent adoptions.

4. Order of preference:

32cm Kelly :heart: (this bag makes me gasp every time I take it out)
    32cm HAC
    JPG Birkin
    JPG Kelly

Order of acquisition:

JPG Birkin
    32cm Kelly
    JPG Kelly
    32cm HAC

5. I think you're right. I'm always onto the next thing, never satisfied and I always the love the most recent acquisition the most, whether it's a scarf, bag or whatever and as soon as I have it, I think, 'hmm, what I really need next is a...' - it doesn't help when there are such gorgeous items to covet on this forum, lol. It makes me sound awful, I still love all my Hermes goodies and have only parted with one Hermes item, a pochette that I never wore.

6. Order of Use:

Birkin 30
    Picotin MM
    Vibrato Tote
    Trim

Order of acquisition:
    Vibrato Tote
    Trim
    Birkin 30
    Picotin MM

7. Order of Preference
    35cm Birkin
    32cm Kelly
    35cm Birkin
    32cm Kelly
    20cm Mini Kelly
    23cm Constance
    30cm Birkin

Order of Acquisition
    35cm Birkin
    35cm Birkin
    32cm Kelly
    32cm Kelly
    20cm Mini Kelly
    23cm Constance
    30cm Birkin

8. This is a very helpful and creative thread. Thanks!

9. I like the idea of this exercise very much. However, when I sit down to do it, the result looks a little...redundant shall we say?
    It did tell me though, that my first purchase is the least used/preferred. It was only from using that one that I learned I didn't like sellier in size 32.

Order of preference:
    Kelly 28 (black box)
    Kelly 28
    Kelly 32 (retourne)
    Kelly 25
    Kelly 28
    Kelly 32 (sellier)

Order of acquisition
    Kelly 32 (sellier)
    Kelly 25
    Kelly 28 (black box)
    Kelly 28
    Kelly 32 (retourne)
    Kelly 28

10. Very interesting question.

Order of preference

Kelly 32 (Retourne)
    Christine
    Garden Party
    Picotin MM

Order of Aquisition

Kelly 32
    Garden Party
    Picotin MM
    Christine

Now, the Picotin was a gift and, while I use it, it isn't something I probably would have purchased for myself so that is why it is last.

11. you are all so great for humoring me. i had been wondering if there is a learning curve with hermes, as with so much in life. at these prices, we agonize over each purchase, but in the end, it's still live and learn. can't be sure you've got the right bag until you walk with it for a bit.

12. Ain't that the truth, HH!;)

13. :yes:
    not that our endless Q&A sessions aren't still very valuable and a source of endless entertainment and pleasure for me.:flowers: :flowers:
    love that everyone here takes hermes as seriously as i do (with a healthy dose of perspective, of course;)).

14. I'm useless at answering this question, as my preferences change weekly. My Bolide has been my fave over Summer, of course, but I'm currently in a love affair with my box (calf), so it's all about the Kelly.....and I also have a 'thing' about 28's, so Princess has pride of place, too.

15. Another thought-provoking question HH! My current favorites are newer acquisitions, but I flip flop all over the place depending on the season and mood.