1. :wtf: This is me. Wide eye and awake. It's 2:21 AM right now. Arrghhh!!!

Trying to decide if I should go to the 24-hr drug store and get something OTC to help me sleep. Usually they just make me groggy the next day.

Any suggestions?
  2. melatonin works well with me! as long as ur getting at least 7 hours of sleep, you wont wake up groggly!

side effects may include: nightmares!
  3. yup. i'm up b/c it.

i really try not to cave into sleeping pills.
  4. hmm...speaking of insomnia,i used to have that too.I used to sleep at 5.00am and woke up at 9.00am ....and it goes like this every day for like MONTHS! i dunno why but ive waited for months to decide to go and see the doctor.i didnt rmb wat he said, but he did give me sum medicines....and it worked! so i think u shud go and see them!
  5. I'm like that every night of the week and it sucks!
  6. Try drinking camomile tea before bed.
  7. I have to sleep in the daytime which is surprisingly difficult sometimes. When I get home I will take 50 mg of diphenhydramine (Benadryl) and 50 mg doxylamine succinate (Unisom) which usually gives me about 7 hours of good sleep. I do occassionally feel a little groggy when I get up but strong coffee and a hot shower take care of it. FYI, I am a bit of a chronic insomniac so the dosages I take are a bit high. I wouldn't recommend if you're new to either one of these drugs--which are both over-the-counter.
  8. I already benedryld myself..LOL...and STILL cant sleep!
  9. Trazadone works well too.....if you can though try to stay away from prescription drugs. Insomnia sucks!! I have it too!
  10. To get over jetlag, I take 2 Nyquils 30 minutes before my intended bedtime and it knocks me right out. I wouldn't recommend doing this often though...
  11. I ended up falling asleep last night at 3 AM. Then, my alarm rang at 7 AM. Didn't get out of bed until 10 AM.

I was tired all day, but now that it is bedtime (MN), I'm up again. Arrggghhh!!!
  12. my doctor recommended a warm glass of milk, but i'm lactose so that's out of the picture. if your not, then maybe you should try it.
  13. Insomnia freak myself. It's been a long time since i went early to bed . I feel like I'm cursed. Since school times i stayed up until very late and listened secretly under the beddings a popular nighttime radio show. You are not alone....I think it is genetic. I sometimes take prescribed med for this...
  14. I was going to suggest Benadryl.. That usually works for me. I've also heard that a warm bath and the scent of Lavender helps.