Inside the LV wallet

My wallet had stitching come apart and tear apart to reveal a white exterior..they are replacing the entire inside panel as if to make it brand new. Is a month too soon to call to see if the wallet is ready? I really want it back :hrmm:.

My old chantilly bag has the pocket problem on the inside pocket, it is correct to say it is from high humidity from a thread above. I find the wallets to be very well made. I bought my husband a new LV mono wallet about 2+ years ago and I think it has been thru the wash 4 times........yes he has forgotten to take it out of his jeans and did his own laundry. I don't think it ever made it to the dryer. But when the above happens I have just stuffed the wallet with paper towels to air dry and it is as good as new. No damage anywhere which amazes me.
I do think the vintage interior wallets may be made with the synthetic material that will eventually peel. I did have a flaking problem with my very old large makeup clutch. The inside just flaked all over everything.

All I know is that the interiors of my billfold and porte-monnaie plat are made of two materials: brown taiga and similar brown pleather. The actual "body" of both are made of pleather and the taiga is a very, almost paper-, thin lining.

If you put your fingetip in one of the cc slots you can feel the pleather, whilst only the exterior of the slots are lined with taiga.

My husband and I have used our wallets for over a year and haven't experienced any peeling or flaking of any sort. I wonder if the climate of the area that you live in has anything to do with it?

My 6 cc wallet has a smooth inner lining too, Is that plastic or leather? I cant really tell. If it is plastic or vinyl, what is the reason ?

Attachments

• IMG_0757.JPG
    IMG_0757.JPG
    146.3 KB · Views: 113
That smooth stuff is synthetic as Mrs. Troppo indicated. I believe it's called Vuittonite by LV. My billfold is cross-grain leather on the inside, but the back of the leather in the bill pocket is smooth. I wonder if it is leather bonded with Vuittonite? Just like the inside of a cles is cross-grain leather that's been bonded to the mono canvas?