ink twiggy STOLEN after I had it for 1 hour

I am so sorry to hear this happened to you. Please BE CAREFUL AND THINK TWICE ABOUT FILING A HOMEOWNERS INSURANCE CLAIM. Even if your homeowners insurance doesn't pay on the claim, they can cancel your insurance if you file too many claims (usually two). It is very bad to have this on your record. And, in the end can end up costing you more than what you would have gotten back.

On the flip side, you can file a claim with your credit card company. We did this last year and recovered some of the money back, what amounted to our homeowners deductible.

Didi, I am so sorry to hear about all of this and hope that thief gets what he deserves!!! I can't believe this happened in broad daylight and the witnesses DID NOTHING. I can't imagine how you must be feeling, and then having to deal with canceling everything that was in your bag.:crybaby: :crybaby:

Definitely take Beaux's advice about contacting amex ... I always heard amex had great protection, but never realized it extended to theft of an item!!

vickitoria said:
Wow, I hope she sees this and takes yalls advice... that's great that mastercard can do that!

beauxgoris said:
^^No, not mastercard. She said she used American Express - which is what will save her. This is why you always make lux purchases with AMEX. They back up their customers for theft and/or damage within 90 days of purchase I believe.
AMERICAN EXPRESS WILL COVER - sorry I don't mean to yell - but she is so upset (rightfully so) and I really want her to call them a.s.a.p.

I think i'll pm her as well.... :flowers:

Whoops, sorry... I meant American Express!! :shame:
I hope your info helps her.

THANKS EVERYONE FOR YOUR KIND WORDS! It's amazing how you guys make me feel so much better. All I got from my family and the police was "you shouldn't have left your purse in your car"....DUH!? I know that, but that's not what I need to hear!

Tomorrow, I will call AMEX first thing in the morning, and also call my homeowners to see what's going on with that. I think my homeowners only covers for fire and earthquake, not personal property. I hope AMEX BLUE covers...do you guys know if the blue card has insurance? Also I had paid through paypal, but using my credit card. Anyways, I am still very heartbroken, plus i have like traumatic flashbacks about the whole thing! I need to replace my window too. =( I think because of all this, I am going to sell ALL of my b-bags, and wait for my dream ink twiggy to come back to me.

THANK YOU EVERYONE!

i don't know about amex, but my bf bought his video camera with citibank, and was stolen from his car TOO!
citibank replaced ALL the money for the camera, because they have a 1 month protection shield and he only had it for 2 weeks

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss! Hang in there!

Not to be preachy, but I hope everyone remembers to NEVER leave ANYTHING in plain sight in your car--even if you're going to be gone for "just a minute." Criminals look for an easy mark. Always put EVERYTHING AWAY in the TRUNK but don't do it when you get to the location--you never know who's watching...

my friend left her purse in her trunk when she was at the gym, and she came back to discover that they has smashed her window, popped open her trunk, and stole everything! including her laptop with her dissertation inside!!!!!!!!! (not backed up!)

didi. I am so very sorry. I too was happy to read your original post and then this....my heart breaks for you, I am so sorry. I hope you will recover this with the CC company.

I also am someone who sometimes leaves my purse in the car, especially when just running in somewhere. Sounded to me like you were in and out at the PO really quick.....

Which makes me think...Is there a possibility this person may have seen you prior and followed you there to the PO? Or was this person there just waiting for a woman to pull up and get out of the car without her purse?

Didi, I only bring this up to remind all of us to be aware of our surroundings at all times, especially when alone.