Ink in Lucy Bag....Gone

I heard about this trick from my hairdresser years ago. They use it all the time when color gets on their clothes from coloring customers hair. In fact it will also work on leather (probably not Kooba naked leather though) but you have to make sure the finish will take it. I have used it before on removing ink marks from some leather bags. But again, you have to make sure of the finish. The heavier cowhide bags I did were tough and some can take it provided they don't have a special finish. As far as damaging the lining, I have used it on a lot of fabrics and it never discolored.

Congrats on a wonderful job on the Lucy!!:woohoo:

Wow! Great info, Lexie! I've used hairspray on other stains (pen) on clothing but didn't want to attempt it on the lining of an expensive bag. I'm thrilled to hear it works! Pen marks all over linings is a pet peeve and I avoid preloved bags with any because of the difficulty in pen removal....but this may have opened a door for me in the future! LOL!

I never read the ingredients of hairspray. Maybe it does have acetone in it. The lining came out very good. It hasn't harmed it at all. The lining has a slightly more wrinkled look from washing (and my blowdrying) and you can tell it's not brand spankin new but it looks far better than previously. You can't tell it had ink on it at all. I don't know that I would do this on all linings of other bags....but in this case I was taking a risk and it worked.

Ohhhh...ink on an ivory Kooba. Not good - is it even possible to remove? I think LMB would possibly LIGHTEN the stain but not completely remove it.
I do have to try Lexie's suggestion about the ink on the inside suede. I have two little ink stains on my black Lucy. I just don't own any hairspray so whenever I get around to it....:upsidedown:

I was just watching HSN ( I know I need to get a life LOL) but Carlos Falchi was on and he had a spray that removed stains off of leather. You spray it on and let it dry till it turns to a powder then you brush it off. Of course it worked in the demo but I dont know about ink on the leather. They didnt say.

Ohhhh...ink on an ivory Kooba. Not good - is it even possible to remove? I think LMB would possibly LIGHTEN the stain but not completely remove it.
I do have to try Lexie's suggestion about the ink on the inside suede. I have two little ink stains on my black Lucy. I just don't own any hairspray so whenever I get around to it....:upsidedown:

You don't own any hairspray??? And you're a girl??? LOL
Actually I don't either but the Paul Mitchel Fast drying sculpting spray is great to keep a little stiffer curls into scrunched hair. I remember my Mom when I was a little girl watching her and her can of White Rain. She had Helmet hair!!! It was all Bouffanted and stiff (alot like The Simpson character with Blue hair....I don't watch the show...what the heck is her name?)

OK....about the ink stain. Why not try a little toothpaste and toothbrush...gently? Heck.......maybe hairspray would work?????? But if the ink was on the inside flap of leather I might try it otherwise I'd be afraid.

You don't own any hairspray??? And you're a girl??? LOL
Actually I don't either but the Paul Mitchel Fast drying sculpting spray is great to keep a little stiffer curls into scrunched hair. I remember my Mom when I was a little girl watching her and her can of White Rain. She had Helmet hair!!! It was all Bouffanted and stiff (alot like The Simpson character with Blue hair....I don't watch the show...what the heck is her name?)

OK....about the ink stain. Why not try a little toothpaste and toothbrush...gently? Heck.......maybe hairspray would work?????? But if the ink was on the inside flap of leather I might try it otherwise I'd be afraid.

Haha - I don't watch that Simpson show either - is it Madge? Midge? Anyway, if we're talkin' hair, I use a little oil-based stuff because my hair is so curly and hairspray just doesn't cut it. Maybe I'll pick up like a .99 hairspray in Target in their cheapo bin....

When celebs sign glossy album covers or photots and inscribe it- us collectors use acetone to remove the name..... but some collectors use hairspray too.