Indie Polish QC/CS issues

inhisboxers

Mar 26, 2012
This thread is for quality control, customer service chat on indies polish only. Post discussions, bottle spams, swatches of anything indie polish issues.... Open for all indie brands polishes :smile:

ETA: please be polite, respectful and honest as possible as many people lurk.

Ball bearing issues: Enchanted (see Llarowe), Windestine (all polishes after 3/26), I have one definite bottle from 365 Days of Color - she is replacing the bottle but doesn't know how non-stainless steel got in there.

I don't expect larger glitters not to curl. I think that's just their nature after a while.

Taco-ing, however, is when large glitters completely fold to look like a Taco Bell hard shelled taco.

This isn't super extreme taco-ing, but still enough to say whoa. This is also a good example of how mass manufactured brands are also not exempt from glitter issues. Indie polishes are not the only ones with this issue.

http://www.scrangie.com/2011/11/color-club-backstage-pass-collection.html

Heavy glitters tend to sink if the suspension base isn't thick enough to begin with. A little separation is fine but there's a big difference when it looks like this:

image-1198634324.jpg

To this present day, the second bottle on the right side, stays hidden in my stash, still looking exactly as pictured.

Pretty and Polished just did a blog post covering these kinds of issues. I can't link it here from my phone. Question - if glitter sinks as badly as in the picture above is there anything that can be done? I have a couple of polishes like that and no matter how much I shake it isn't moving.

Pretty and Polished just did a blog post covering these kinds of issues. I can't link it here from my phone. Question - if glitter sinks as badly as in the picture above is there anything that can be done? I have a couple of polishes like that and no matter how much I shake it isn't moving.

What I do is I flip the bottle upside down for 10 minutes and it helps dislodge a lot of stuff off the bottom.

My Candeo Sprouse bottle is really sinky, and this gets everything off the bottom of the bottle.

There is but it's a little intensive. The clear usually separates out to the top, you can actually either pour veeeery carefully, or siphon it off the top with a syringe. Then just fill that space back up with suspension base. Easy peasy, just takes a steady hand!

There is but it's a little intensive. The clear usually separates out to the top, you can actually either pour veeeery carefully, or siphon it off the top with a syringe. Then just fill that space back up with suspension base. Easy peasy, just takes a steady hand!

Thanks! Hmmm.... The one isn't a clear base. It's Dollish Hip Hop. I'm going to sit it upside down for a few days.

What do people usually mix suspension base with? Just clear polish? Does that usually drastically alter the chemical composition of suspension base?

Do you know what normal ratios are for suspension base to extra? Are there polishes with pure suspension base?