Food Indian Food?

coach4me

Princess!!
Jan 26, 2007
Do you love it, hate it, or are you indifferent?
Do you go out for it, or cook it your self?
If you like it, what is your favorite dish to eat or cook?

I love it. One of my favorites!
We go out for it, but I am learing how to cook it... so far I'd say I've had more successes than failures.
I love to go out for Tandori chicken (impossible to do right at home!) and I like to make chicken curry or Lamb biryani.
I did, however, find a great tandori paste that works really well on chicken pieces when they are grilled over hot coals!

Absolutely hate it, couldn't pay me to touch anything w/cumin or curry in it :yucky: It's only one of two food types I won't eat, the other being Vietnamese.

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!
I love navrattan curry, butter chicken, chicken masala, saag paneer, naan, veggie pakoras, and the list goes on and on!

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!!

I :heart: Indian food...it's one of the only South Asian cuisines I can swallow (that and Thai food) because I seem to despise pretty much any other South asian food (including my own culture's :shame:smile:. I really love spicy food, and I love the fact that the dishes aren't too meaty (I am NOT vegetarian, but I'm not a big meat eater :P).

I usually go out to eat it, but I must admit, I love it when my friends' prepare it...most restaurants make it too bland or salty!

I used to HATE it growing up. My family would go out to Indian restaurants all the time, and as a kid all I'd be able to stomach was the naan (flatbread). But now that I work in the oil industry, a lot of my gas station owners are of Indian descent, and keep taking me to Indian restaurants. Now I really enjoy it! I can't eat half the stuff on the menu (since I don't eat veggies) but the meat stuff I can eat is really yummy. I guess my palate has changed over the years...although I do still really like naan!

^OMG, DON'T tempt me!:drool: LOL!

We have a great Indian friend in Houston and last time we ate w/ him at Bombay Palace he bought me their cookbook on the way out.
I haven't tried to cook anything yet. . . . I enjoy eating out too much! LOL!

one of my favorite cuisines ever! (helps that my DH is from india :biggrin:) i love EVERYTHING about indian food! i have such a blast when we go to bombay every year to visit the family!