Indecision! opinions wanted: Med. Paraty in Desert Mauve or Marcie in Velvet Mauve?

bluedahlia

O.G.
Dec 11, 2005
Hi all, I recently tracked down a medium paraty in Desert Mauve and have it on hold. I went and tried it on and loved it but had a few reservations. First, it was not quite as large a bag as I was hoping for, and compared to the Marcie it does not seem as functional or easy to access. I compared it with a Medium Marcie in Odalisque Pink (gorgeous color too), they had in the boutique. However, the paraty is a more eye catching and sexy bag to me, and there's just something about it that makes you look twice at it.

That being said I like both the paraty and the marcie, probably the paraty a little more as it was the first Chloe style that I truly lusted after years ago.
However, My real love here is the color Mauve (which reminds me of 'Old Pink', but now quite as brown- a good thing to me).

Neiman Marcus and LVM have Medium Marcie's in this similar but different "Velvet Mauve" color coming out in the fall. I asked at Chloe and they said the paraty at the boutiques will not be coming out in that color, and often dept stores get colors exclusive to them, while Chloe boutiques have colors dept stores do not etc. So I have yet to see the Velvet Mauve Marcie in person, as it's a pre-order item still. My dilemma is if I wait, the paraty could be gone, as there are not may left around. Then again, who knows what will come up on ebay or bonanza. I know there are fans of the desert mauve paraty but Any love for the Marcie in 'Velvet Mauve' based on the pictures? Decisions Decisions! Thanks :smile:

http://www.luisaviaroma.com/index.a...vendorColor=NDJO&season=actual&seasProdID=56I

Attachments

• paraty desert mauve.jpeg
    paraty desert mauve.jpeg
    44.8 KB · Views: 846
  • marcie velvet mauve.jpeg
    marcie velvet mauve.jpeg
    31.2 KB · Views: 1,115
Uugh that's a tough choice. I guess I'll vote for paraty too because I think everbody's first Chloe bag should be paraty. It is just such a classic silhouette, could be worn casually or dressed up.

I understand your dilemma and might I say, excellent post!

I usually pick my bags from the perspective of versatility....
Ok, between the two styles, I prefer the Paraty for exactly that. You could really dress up or down this bag, as where the Marcie I think is more casual. Nothing wrong with casual, but I like versatility so I have options, one less thing to think about when choosing a bag for outfits. One less thing to think about period. Lol.

Between the colors, I haven't seen Velvet Mauve, but as far I could tell it's quite similar to DM, except the trim (edges) seems to match the mauve body. Desert Mauve's trim is dark brown to black, which gives the bag more ... Again, versatility, you could wear it with dark or light clothes. VM in a Marcie, due to all the stitching on front, which gives it depth (like the effect that the trim plays on DM) would be just as versatile, I think.

The one up on the Marcie is the way it looks cross-body. The mod pics of cross body has me thinking I need one down the road.

But the Paraty... She's got that je ne sais quoi, elegant, 'effortless' quality.....

I hope this rambling helped a little at least.

I love the color of the Velvet Mauve, but i prefer the Paraty style!

I actually think the Marcie seems more dressy than the Paraty. Don't think you could go wrong with either choice, but the color Velvet Mauve is prettier to me!

I think both colours are lovely but I am biased towards the paraty. Its just such a beautiful bag overall. Marcie doesn't do anything for me, but that's just my opinion.

I have both Marcies (crossbody though) and Paraty. I'd say Paraty is both sexy and practical, you would be amazed how much it can hold. Also it's easy to carry bag thanks to comfortable handles and shoulder strap. But I love Marcies for their hip touch. Paraty is more city edgy bag. So it depends on your style.
As for colour I'm here with you. I'm a huge sucker for mauve and purple. So I'd say desert mauve is to go to. Velevet mauve is gorgeous on its own, but it's more Summer girly color, while desrt mauve can be all-year around. It is such a beautiful complex color, you wouldn't get bored with. Also it can go with many outfits, it's almost "neutral", while velvet mauve is more difficult to pair. And right, it can dissapear.
So I'd say grab Paraty is desert mauve as long as long as you can get! I'd love to get it myself some day, but I've just bought Paraty in eggplant for Fall/Winter and now on a ban.

I have both Marcies (crossbody though) and Paraty. I'd say Paraty is both sexy and practical, you would be amazed how much it can hold. Also it's easy to carry bag thanks to comfortable handles and shoulder strap. But I love Marcies for their hip touch. Paraty is more city edgy bag. So it depends on your style.
As for colour I'm here with you. I'm a huge sucker for mauve and purple. So I'd say desert mauve is to go to. Velevet mauve is gorgeous on its own, but it's more Summer girly color, while desrt mauve can be all-year around. It is such a beautiful complex color, you wouldn't get bored with. Also it can go with many outfits, it's almost "neutral", while velvet mauve is more difficult to pair. And right, it can dissapear.
So I'd say grab Paraty is desert mauve as long as long as you can get! I'd love to get it myself some day, but I've just bought Paraty in eggplant for Fall/Winter and now on a ban.

Don't like Marcie but I love the crossbody style! I'd like to get one someday.

Thank you for all your opinions, they are extremely helpful and insightful. I am leaning more towards the paraty. Since I live in NYC paraty may work well as that 'city edge' bag, oddly enough I have seen more marcie's than paratys however!

But the Paraty... She's got that je ne sais quoi, elegant, 'effortless' quality.....

Yes perfectly said, the allure of the paraty I just can't get over! I think the perfect combination would be a paraty in the velvet mauve color which is a bit more lustrous to me, or at least from the pics- but that is not going to happen.

bluedahlia: Just wondering, is weight a consideration factor for you? I have both bags and personally, I feel that paraty is heavier than marcie. But some people don't think paraty is heavy at all, so I guess it all depends on individuals.

bluedahlia: Just wondering, is weight a consideration factor for you? I have both bags and personally, I feel that paraty is heavier than marcie. But some people don't think paraty is heavy at all, so I guess it all depends on individuals.

ITA ^ I feel like the paraty is very heavy. I have both and I find the Marcie much more comfortable and easy to use. HOWEVER - that beings said - it's not as thought the paraty is difficult to use. And I also agree with Cookie's earlier post about making Paraty the first Chloe. I did the same. There's just something about her...

I so love them both, and honestly, the first time I saw a pic of Velvet Mauve Marcie, I was like: :drool: It's just such a unique, pretty color. But without seeing it in real life, I would be just a touch skeptical as to how versatile it would be. It looks to be definitively in the lavender/lilac/light purple family, which may not be the best color to pair with a wide variety of colors and outfits for all seasons.

Now, I haven't seen Desert Mauve Paraty IRL personally either, but from pictures (C4H's stunning ones especiallly!), it looks like DM will go with everything! It seems like an actual neutral... a little dusky rose, a little mauve, a little lavender... all at the same time!

I vote DM Paraty, for sure. Classic and versatile! :love: