In your opinion...What would be the best (most classic) piece to start new collection

my first LV was actually an ellipse, it was a unique bag, and can fit a lot for its size/shape.. i've had the chance on buying a speedy (because everyone seems to lvoe it) but i ended up with a damier papillon.. i think i like rounder bags =)

fashionpop said:
my first LV was actually an ellipse, it was a unique bag, and can fit a lot for its size/shape.. i've had the chance on buying a speedy (because everyone seems to lvoe it) but i ended up with a damier papillon.. i think i like rounder bags =)

MINE TOO!!!:nuts: Even though speedy IS classic and I have six of them (no mono, I find it boring:shame:smile:, I vote for something different. Papillon, Noe:graucho:, Douville/Trouville, etc. There are SO MANY great choice out there. Although I must admit, speedy IS a great bag for the $$$! If you do go for speedy, I vote for damier!:yes:

Will have to do something a little different...I would recommend either a Damier, Vernis, Epi or Mono Cles...They are certainly classic to LV and extremely functional. That way you can try "it" out...see what your thing is, rather than jumping in with a larger piece. JMHO:smile:

Diane

While I love the shape of the Speedy on someone other than myself, it is a classic. I'm not a speedy girl because my mom is one:P and I can't bite her style like that.
However, check out an LV boutique and try on a bunch of bags. Don't go with a bag simply because you think it is considereda classic. Go with what you would like to wear and use.

IMHO, the best bag to start a collection with is a bag you love. No point getting a speedy if you're not a true speedy fan. Go for something you love, something which is practical for you.

Yowzers, I tried to edit my post...too late, though, I guess. Here's what I wanted to add to the post:

My suggestion is an epi speedy 25 if you like a hand-held bag. For a shoulder bag, one strap: Hudson or Noe, for a two strap: Cabas Piano.

Good luck. Let us know what you get.

The mono Speedy is a classic. The Damier is also a great classic design, I have not seen too many Damier copies, but you know, I wouldn't let the presence of copies be a deterent. If you love the Mono prints, then by all means get what you love. As you know what you carry is the real thing, that's all that matters. Carrying something just impress others, OK, but when it comes down to it, you own it.
Personally, because of all the fakes, I feel more secure carrying LV than Coach! And soon, all the people who jumped on the bandwagon will desert it for something else.

A Speedy is totally classic!

My first LV was the pochette, and I still use it daily!! I also think the Papillon is a great choice - Damier is a great canvas and less faked.