In Style event at Bicester Village Wed 16 May-have xtra tix, need ride!

1. I got two extra tickets to the In Style Magazine Fashion Wardrobe event at Bicester Village Outlet Center on Wednesday morning.

I don't drive here in UK and I can't do the train thing for this...

Anyone boardies with a car want to go with me and have fun at the outlets too? I'm in Radlett close to the M25 and A41 which takes you straight there.

:wlae::wlae::wlae::wlae::wlae::wlae::wlae::wlae:

2. Sorry, we're an ocean away, otherwise I'd be glad to come with you! I'm just gonna bump this for you so you get more responses. Good luck!

3. Wow wish I was going to be there.. its going to be so much fun.. hey love your avatar of the not a gucci bag.. that is too cute

4. OMG - do they hold events like this in the US? I would DIE to go! Good luck finding a ride - I hope you make it there!

5. I go there all the time, what is the event?

6. Oh that is so cool! You have to tell us how it goes! Im in London and I have no car. lol

7. And normally I'd have been able to help as a London girl whose car could drive itself to Bicester but am in Canada for work at the moment and here for a week . . . . .please tell us how it goes!

8. Rosie,

All I know is that it's the InStyle Magazine Fashion Wardrobe Event with Guest Speaker Sophie Hedley, InStyle Executive Fashion & Beauty Director. Places are strictly limited though they did send me 3 tickets. They usually do some kind of fashion show or seasonal trend-watch and/or makeup tips and stuff. I love doing those...though in the states they often give really good gift bags out with samples and stuff. I'm not expecting any kind of gift bag at this one but you never know?!

I could schlep all the way to London and double-back on the train that goes from Marylebone to Bicester. But, I'm mobility-impaired and going that far out of my
    way south to turn around and go north again isn't something I can do.

I've never been to Bicester Village (or any outlet mall in the UK) and I'm actually more interested in checking out the outlets. Burberry, Mulberry, Dior, Furla, Ferragamo, Anya Hindmarch, Versace, Bally, Jaeger, Karen Millen and Aquascutum are the ones on my radar right now.

If I can't get a ride, The Husband can always take me on a weekend just for fun, but I thought that there might be some boardies that would like to meet at a private event.

Cheers,

Lisa

9. Ruemode - they do hold events like this all over the US. I believe there is a page in InStyle and most other fashion mags that discusses the events they are having in various cities around the country. I scour all my mags for these things. That's how I got tickets to the private Mulberry event in London. Some are better than others. They often hold them in conjunction with a large department store chain like Nordstrom, Macy's or Neiman Marcus, so it helps to keep tabs on your local department store's events too!

10. UPDATE:

just got an email confirmation:

Just a quick reminder the InStyle Event is at Bicester Village tomorrow at 10.30am. It will be held in a meeting room next to the Bicester Village Visitor Centre.

Sophie Hedley, the Director and Fashion and Beauty at InStyle magazine, looks forward to welcoming you and presenting ideas on how to update your wardrobe.

All guests will receive a generous goodie bag and a VIP Day Pass.

We would be very grateful if you can quickly confirm your attendance and whether you are bringing guests so we can finalise our numbers.

GENEROUS GOODIE BAG!!!

Still need the ride...have 2 extra tix.

Anyone?

...Beuhler?

11. Handbagsrock, did you go to the event? If you did how was it?

12. Nope. Couldn't find anyone interested in a generous goodie bag.

Feeling very isolated in England without a car right now.

:sniff:

13. Sorry to hear that hunny - I would have been your ride as I only live the other side of Oxford, but I didn't see your post until I got home from work that evening. Bah!