In love, insane, or both?!?!

hey everyone, sorry for being so vague in my previous post. i am trying to decide between the montaigne and this bag (please see pic - managed to find one) for my next bv... any opinions? :girlsigh:

thanks a million!

BV intrecciato shoulder bag.jpg

What beautiful montaignes! :drool: I love this ladylike bag. It is so demure! Your beagles are adorable. I would pass on the white due to high maintenance and get a red one - check out 24's pics :heart: I might cave in eventually even though shoulder bags are more practical. :love:

Thanks all for the kind words about the beagles and the BVs!

aca - The Montaigne does have little feet on the bottom but realistically I can't see them being all that effective at protecting the bottom from scratches - I am erring on the side of caution and just being VERY careful where I put my bags down (and avoiding it altogether if I can at all help it). The "nameless" bag looks great too - and realistically, if you prefer a really comfortable shoulder bag I wouldn't say that the Montaigne fits the bill all that well and you may well be better off going the nameless bag route. Although the handles on the Montaigne are adjustable, even at their longest it isn't an extremely comfortable fit on the shoulder - especially if you are wearing a winter coat of any sort. I do wish the handles were just a little bit longer (one more hole would be perfect) and then it would be effortless on the shoulder regardless of what I am wearing. And it certainly is never going to go across the body as it sounds like the nameless bag could do - so it that is a determining factor for you the Montaigne may not be for you, lovely as it is.

And on the white bag - yes, I am now coming to my senses and realize that a white bag is just not going to be practical in my life. Before my DH sent me off on that tangent I was really contemplating a carmino Montaigne (if I can find one up here in the BV wastelands of Canada)... or perhaps waiting (hard as that may be) for a new seasonal colour to strike my fancy in the upcoming S/S collection.

BookerMoose I can't believe I missed this thread! What beautiful montaignes and I LOVE your beagle shots! Matching bags/dogs ~ my DH would be sold on that too! Welcome to the addictive world of BV!! I can't wait to see your future purchases. :graucho:

armcandyaddict I've played with that mystery bag IRL. It feels quite a bit larger than the montaigne - boxier and rugged - and the 3 interior sections feel like a shorter Roma tote. The strap was a bit long and I'm pretty tall - but I loved the convenience and the fact it's Nappa Umbria. If it had been closer to my price point I might have taken it home, but it wasn't so I vote for the bag with a name - the sweet Montaigne!!

hey everyone, sorry for being so vague in my previous post. i am trying to decide between the montaigne and this bag (please see pic - managed to find one) for my next bv... any opinions? :girlsigh:

thanks a million!

View attachment 293042

aca,
the montaigne is a zipper top while the one you have in the pic is flap.
some pple prefer zips while some dont.
wat is your personal preference?
as for the size, like wat the others have mentioned, they seem to be pretty similar...
to me, the deciding factor will be whether you like zips or flaps.
also, the length of the strap is impt if you are deciding whether to hand or shoulder carry it.

Okay, ms piggy, you asked for it! Presenting my mischievous but photogenic grey kitty that happens to match my ferro roma! I threw in a pic of her wearing her tie--my revenge for all the glassware she has broken and her general non-cuddliness!

Attachments

• 100_0273.jpg
    100_0273.jpg
    184.1 KB · Views: 26
  • 09-11-2007006.jpg
    09-11-2007006.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 38
  • 100_0264.jpg
    100_0264.jpg
    183.4 KB · Views: 31
Okay, ms piggy, you asked for it! Presenting my mischievous but photogenic grey kitty that happens to match my ferro roma! I threw in a pic of her wearing her tie--my revenge for all the glassware she has broken and her general non-cuddliness!

They do match! I'm glad I am not the only one with matching bags and pets!

ouija board, a kitty in ferro, how adorable!

thanks for your feedback, mystiletto, bluegenie, bookermoose and kopibaby, looks like i really have to try on both for size before i decide. i'm mostly ok with a hand-held bag, but there are those rare occasions when i need my hands free especially when i'm on the road so having a shoulder strap as an option helps, but isn't a dealbreaker. the montaigne is a beautiful, classic looking bag but my only concern is that it's a little small.

looks like i'll have to sit on the fence until i get myself into the bv store in hong kong at the end of the month! :shrugs:

the montaigne is a beautiful, classic looking bag but my only concern is that it's a little small. looks like i'll have to sit on the fence until i get myself into the bv store in hong kong at the end of the month! :shrugs:

Well as you know I'm totally sold on the Montaigne and if the absence of a shoulder strap isn't a deal-breaker then I definitely vote for the Montaigne. I certainly don't think of it as small - it is the largest bag I've ever had (although for some reason I have never figured out what to carry besides my wallet, keys and phone/blackberry - which basically just swim around in the Montaigne - so I'm probably not the best judge of what "small" is! Looking forward to finding out which way you go... and envious of anyone who has a BV store anywhere close, for that matter.

And I just can't get my mind off the white Montaigne. I thought I had moved on from that particular obsession, but tonight it has come back with a vengeance again. Even if I don't carry it much at all (which it sounds like I would have to do to keep it looking anywhere close to pristine), I want it and have a sneaking suspicion I am going to buy it. Someone help me and talk me out of it... I really think I need a good knock upside the head at this point! :s

hi bookermoose, i promise i will post pics of the bv stores in hong kong when i get back from my trip. ;)

because of my height (i'm 5' 10", btw) and frame i usually stick to larger bags so i don't look too silly carrying them. you might not believe this but i actually use the luggage sized tod's media bag as a handbag when travelling. if i get the montaigne it will definitely be a change from the large bags that i normally tote around, which may be a good thing really as i read somewhere that it's bad for my posture to carry too much weight around on a daily basis. ah... decisions, decisons. :shrugs:

And I just can't get my mind off the white Montaigne. I thought I had moved on from that particular obsession, but tonight it has come back with a vengeance again. Even if I don't carry it much at all (which it sounds like I would have to do to keep it looking anywhere close to pristine), I want it and have a sneaking suspicion I am going to buy it. Someone help me and talk me out of it... I really think I need a good knock upside the head at this point! :s

BookerMoose, have you seen Camel - a light caramel colour? I tried on the Camel Montaigne in the boutique over the weekend and almost couldn't put it down. It's such a lovely colour and would be 'easier' to maintain then white - good alternative. The Camel Montaigne I saw appear to have a very slight tint of green in it as compared to the Camel in my Campana which is more brown. The SA confirm both are nappa (lambskin) so we put it down to different batch of leather and colour dye process. But it sure was gorgeous!