In a Total Slump

1. I have always been an avid exerciser. Spin classes, weight training, treadmill, pilates, you name it. The last 3 weeks I have done next to nothing. Yes, my kids were home sick a couple of times, we had a snow storm the other day, but I'm just not in the mood to workout. Maybe I have the winter blahs. It's been so cold here I want to go out as little as possible. I feel like a bloated whale (yes I'm getting my period). I know that sometimes you don't have to have the motivation to work out, you just do it and eventually the motivation finds you. I'm in a rut. What's worse is my kids are off from school next week so it will be really hard to get to the gym. UGH!
  2. please don't stress happens to all of an avid excersier myself, i went thru the same thing in November-December..........and yes, it can be hard........but maybe you were over-training and your body is just begging for a rest?.........if that is what it wants, give your body a rest!!! when you do find it in you to get back, you will feel 100 times better!!!........
  3. You're probably right Danielle. It's just that I've never missed this long in the gym. It's funny how you can lose the motivation so quickly.
  4. Hang in there! It does happen to all of us. I'm going through the same thing and I blame it on the extreme cold temps. I cannot wait for Spring!
  5. its the cold, in RI everything is pretty much iced over so getting to the gym is just a downer...hang in there, youll get back into the swing of things!

you could try doing some things at home, like pilates or yoga.
  6. Nothing wrong with taking some time off. Your body definitely needs longer resting periods every now and then. I agree with batgirl about doing some pilates or yoga at home, or even just some stretching while watching TV. You'll know when you're ready to get back into it, and you'll be glad you took some time off :nuts:
  7. Oh God, I so know where you are coming from, I am in the same boat right now!!! I haven't worked out in a month, not because I am lazy, but because I just had surgery a few weeks ago. I have always exercised religiously every single day for years, now that I haven't been able to do anything (and won't be able to for 2 more wks) I feel like the biggest, bloated fat ass ever!!!!!!!! Hang in there, and give yourself a break!!
  8. I know you guys are right...I really hate this time of year. As I've gotten older the cold has really gotten to me. I see why everyone retires and moves to Florida LOL!! (I'm not that old!)