Impressions of different Choo leathers: Shiny Calf, Biker, Suede and more

1. Let your emotions fly! Out with the rules of political correctness. It's a free association gab fest!
    Another tPFer asked me my opinion about the connotations, feelings, impressions I had about two types of leathers. I thought this would make a good thread.
    What does it say to you about the wearer? How does it make you feel?

Slick Calf - Classy and dressy. Dress it up or dress it down. Classic.
    Biker leather - Chic, rough around the edges, I'm cool! A statement leather. Casual. Rugged.
    Drummed leather - The elephant is my favorite animal! I'm bumpy and so is my bag!
    Calf - I can go anywhere. I am not ostentatious. Appreciate me, but don't get excited.
    Liquid Patent - Look at me, I'm shiny! I'm hip! Me, me, me!
    Suede - Slouchy and casual. Cozy. Cool weather. In style for the century...last, this and next.
    Snake - Dressier. Eye catching, look at me! I am not a member of PETA, a Gemini girl's bag.

2. ^^Explains why I like the biker leather, patent and snake...
    What about the metallics tho. My bronze Maddy is right up there on my love-it list.

3. Work it Jburgh!! :tup:

You should get a job in advertising Hun...

Well, except I don't think you're really selling that drummed leather! "I'm an elephant....look at me now"??? That one needs a bit of work.... ;)

No really...."I'm BUMPY, and so is my bag"??? Did you have wine with your lunch when you came up with that? I can NOT stop laughing!! :roflmfao::roflmfao:

4. So Jburgh.....

You are saying I am:

Slick Calf - Classy and dressy. Dress it up or dress it down. Classic.
    Biker leather - Chic, rough around the edges, I'm cool! A statement leather. Casual. Rugged.
    Liquid Patent - Look at me, I'm shiny! I'm hip! Me, me, me!
    Snake - Dressier. Eye catching, look at me! I am not a member of PETA, a Gemini girl's bag

:lol: and to think you have not even met me yet :whistle:

5. ^Just don't go buying anything in drummed leather and you're good to go! :p

6. Well, don't keep commenting on what I said...what do y'all (I'm copying Stinker) think these leather types connote? :okay:

7. Stinkerbelle - No drinking for me. I think I was channeling you! I'm not saying you are bumpy, tho' lord knows I am. What I'm saying is when I start reading your posts, I feel silly, and sometimes think silly things. This isn't coming out right. All I can say is that it would be one sad and dark day around here without you! :love:

8. OMG... the image just came to my mind of a poacher beating an elephant to death (but using the word "drummed" as a euphemism) not only for its ivory tusk but also for its leathery hide comes to mind :yucky:

To remove that image (which is now on the minds of everyone who has read this post), I'd appreciate a much NICER description from anyone who has seen/touched this drummed leather IRL, thankyouverymuch.

9. ^ OK how's this:

Drummed leather - Even the road less travelled has bumps along the way.

10. what about-- Drummed leather - leather bouncing to a different beat. It is different and more rugged and offbeat.

For Snake -its for the women who knows what she wants and gets it (even if she has to fly across the world to get that sneaky snake :graucho:)

11. Much better, thanks J!

12. Ooh - I like these too, Lion!

13. Oooh on the Snake --- *Dressier. Eye catching, look at me! I am not a member of PETA, a Gemini girl's bag +-its for the women who knows what she wants and gets it* The snake definition sounds very spicy! :kiss:

14. "Snake - Dressier. Eye catching, look at me! I am not a member of PETA, a Gemini girl's bag."

To ME it says "Look what I got Stinkerbelle and Bonnie to go schlepping through the bogs of Ohio for!" :upsidedown:

15. Well, if the state of Ohio ever stocks their bogs with watersnakes, Stinkerbelle, you could say that.