IMPORTANT please read

1. I received two of these emails, one last night and one this morning.

Sent both to
    and got this back...

Thank you for contacting PayPal about a fraudulent (spoof) email or Web
    site. We appreciate you bringing this suspicious email to our attention.

We can confirm that the email you received was not sent by PayPal. Any
    website which may be linked to this email is not authorized or used by

Our fraud prevention team is working to disable any website linked to
    this email. In the meantime, please do not enter any information into
    this website. If you have already done so, you should immediately log
    into your PayPal account and change your password, as well as your
    security questions and answers. We also recommend that you contact your
    bank and credit card company immediately.

I just want to warn everyone as i know some tend to question whether its from eBay/paypal and click on the links.
  2. in most email programs, instead of clicking on the links (which may contain spyware or viruses), if you hold your cursor over the link, it should display the web address it will take you to. if the domain of the address is not, then it's not from paypal.
  3. Thanks for the heads up! Its so scary how similar it looks.

I must say though I always check it has my name at the top because Paypal never refer to you as paypal member and if they don't it is a spoof!:cursing:
  4. I've gotten a few of those too in the past months.. VERY tricky. The scammers are getting good:cursing:
  5. Very, very tricky! It looks so good! I would think the big hint here is the fact that it doesn't say your real name-just Paypal member-that should hlp tip people off. Thanks for posting this
  6. I get those things all the time. I NEVER click any of the links, but forward it immediately to
  7. I guess the more we send to paypal the fewer that will get nailed by the scam.
  8. Bag Fetish, thanks for posting this.
  9. Somebody once tried to to a phishing on me, but when I complained to paypal, they got back to me and told me that it wasn't a phishing attempt and made me feel stupid. Of course, it was since I had never ever registered my email-adress anywhere that was relevant to paypal, but they obviously didn't care about that.
  10. I got that exact one about a month ago. I deleted it and immediately logged into my paypal account (through paypal's website only) to make sure nothing was amiss.
  11. Thanks!
  12. I get several each day and I forward every single one of them to paypal or eBay. They're ALWAYS phishing e-mails.
  13. I have received these. One thing to remember, PayPal (and eBay) will address you by name, not PayPal Member.
  14. Luckly, I've never gotten one of these, but my sister has and fell for it! She quickly realized and changed her PW, thank goodness. Now I know that if doesn't have your name on it, it's a spoof! Thanks for posting this.
  15. Thanks for the heads up.