Implantation Bleeding

1. I've read that 20-30% of women experience implantation bleeding and that it is difficult to tell the difference between IB and your period... so how are you to know?

Are there ANY defining characteristics?

I am WAY off counting and think I missed O all together but today I got three bright red spots. I feel like I read somewhere that bright red blood was not implantation bleeding, but dark brown is more characteristic, but now I can't find any evidence online of that being true. If it is AF, then that means I o'd on day 8, giving me a 23 day cycle. :shrugs:

2. I have read that it is very light, lighter than anything, not a normal period at all and that it is a very bright red/pinky color, but I may be wrong about the color thing.

Ohhh, I hope it is implantation bleeding for you!!!

3. I hope that is is IB....:yahoo:
    Has it been continuing?:confused1:

Keep us posted.

4. Here's an article about implantation bleeding: http://www.amazingpregnancy.com/pregnancy-articles/547.html

Sound like spotting can be red, or more like pink or brown discharge. And it comes a week or more before AF. So if your is IB, then your cycle would be around 30 days and you O'd around day 15. That would make sense.

Good Luck and keep us posted.

5. I haven't had any more since this afternoon... ???

6. My IB was so much like AF, I mistakenly thought it was AF and went on with life for four more weeks til I misses AF altogether - Dr confirmed that the period before was IB. I guess it depends on the person.
    Keeping fingers crossed for you Tabbyco!!!!

7. Implantation bleeding comes before AF so yours sounds right!

8. :tup: Sending good thoughts...

9. Okay tabbyco....anything different?

10. Nope... nothing else. No spotting or bleeding.

This is going to sound really gross, but now I am afraid it wasn't coming from where I thought it was, IYKWIM??? And I am really grasping for straws :girlsigh:

11. ^^ That was a thread killer, wasn't it...

12. ^ well that can happen too... when are you supposed to start?

13. I don't even know :shrugs:. Today is day 23, I am usually 28 days. I just got a little light brown spotting, but w/our cheap toilet paper here at work there is really no telling... it is probably AF:girlsigh:

But you know what, that is OK too, b/c I will party my little but off over the holidays and in Miami!!!

14. That sounds like fun!!! I wish I could be in Miami!!! Do you have any extra room in your suitcase to sneak me in?

15. Sorry, no room for VT fans :roflmfao:

Just jokin w/ya... I have nothing but :heart: for you Hokies ;)