I'm sort of digging this vintage bag...

This bag was my FIRST CHANEL HANDBAG PURCHASE EVER. I got this one in black at Saks, I paid like $800 in 2001. I exchanged it for the wallet on the chain and have regretted ever since. I loved this bag. I complained at the time it was too too big for me. I wanted small at the time... I have looked periodically on getting it again, but not able to find one- in black. I loved how the top flaped over and it was very roomy inside, with one zipped pocket on the inside. It hung just right under my arm. I think it would look great on you- size wise and color- go for it

I think this is a great bag! The color is fabulous! I've been thinking about leaning more toward vintage lately, myself. There are so many great older Chanel pieces and they seem to have better craftsmanship more and more...

This bag was my FIRST CHANEL HANDBAG PURCHASE EVER. I got this one in black at Saks, I paid like $800 in 2001. I exchanged it for the wallet on the chain and have regretted ever since. I loved this bag. I complained at the time it was too too big for me. I wanted small at the time... I have looked periodically on getting it again, but not able to find one- in black. I loved how the top flaped over and it was very roomy inside, with one zipped pocket on the inside. It hung just right under my arm. I think it would look great on you- size wise and color- go for it

Wow!! Your first ever! thanks for the info. It is so great to hear from someone who actually touched this bag.
i think the vintage ones are so interesting. I'll kind of feel like a cool celebrity with a one of a kind bag!:P

Maybe I'm just weird, but there's something about vintage Chanels that really appeal to me. It's almost like they have more character than the newer bags (not that the new styles are not also TDF!). :smile:
I agree. The older bags are somehow cleaner and less cluttered looking. I love them... this one is gorgeous.

^^^^
the funny thing is I still have the receipt- its a little faded (well alot faded) and I used that trying to call SAKS and get a sku number.. I have all 3 parts of the receipt still stapled.. and yes 800 was a great price for a leather- cavaiar that will last forever=- and with the classic chains...

Rockerchic- you are welcome and go for it. I love anything in the pink family

There is a lot to be said in favor of vintage Chanel; there were no worries regarding the craftsmanship and the lines were simple, elegant -- in a word, classic. You won't see your bag being carried by five different women in the space of an hour.