I'm so upset at Chi and Folica right now

1. Grrrrrr, I'm so upset I could cry. I bought a Chi flat iron at Folica in May, it stopped working near the end of December. So Folica said, I had to pay $10 processing and to ship the iron back to them. Fine. Well, three weeks later, I get the replacement, and after 2 uses it DIES. I could scream, I'm so upset. I know it's silly, but I'm so aggravated. I don't think I should have to pay, again for something that's defective. :tdown: I wish I had purchased it at a brick and mortar store, instead of online.

2. Sorry to hear this is happening :s. It's strange though, 'cause I had my last Chi for almost 6 yrs and it never broke until recently. I hope you get this all sorted out soon, cheers!

3. Wow....im sorry to hear that...........when my old Chi stop working, Folica was excelllent..........they sent me a brand new one in less then a week, no problems at all and no fee (keep in mind, this was probably about 4 years ago, things may have changed since then)

4. How upsetting, my Chi broke after six months, but I did not buy it at Folica, which was a mistake.

I am sure they will work with you to replace the other Chi for no charge. However, I can totally understand not wanting one again. I would never buy one ever again. If you do get another one, you could always resell it on eBay, and use the money to put into a different brand.

However, I really do like Folica. I had bought a Sedu for my daughter that broke about a week after the warranty expired, and they still let me replace it with a new one, and I just had to pay the $10.00 processing/shipping fee.

5. I hope you're right. I'm so peeved. They made me pay the $10 fee, even though it was still under warranty, plus I had to pay the shipping to mail it to them. I find that appalling. So a straightener that was supposed to cost $115, has cost me about $145 and still doesn't work. :tdown: Not to mention, it took them over 3 weeks to send me the rotten replacement. At this point, I'm hoping they give me a store credit, so I can try a different brand.

6. Update: They sent me a replacement unit free of charge, and even emailed me a prepaid shipping label through UPS. I'm glad they made it right. I am slightly peeved that they didn't do that the 1st time around. When a product is still under warranty the consumer shouldn't have to pay for a replacement. :confused1: I just hope this one lasts longer than the other two.