I'm so indecisive - monogram or damier ebene eva clutch??

Dec 16, 2010
i'm new to the club so i just got my 1st lv a few mths ago (monogram neverfull gm). this forum has helped educate me so much! i thought i could just stop at just one...but all of these gorgeous reveals have made me covet so many other lovely bags :smile:

we never really celebrate v-day but my dh was being super sweet today. i've been talking about the monogram zippy wallet & the eva clutch. (because the neverfull is a great everyday bag since i have 2 young kids, but it's too big for when we go out). yesterday i stopped in my local store to admire both. today when we went back, the zippy wallet was gone :crybaby:& so was the monogram eva! they did have 1 damier eva so i got it.

but now i'm wondering if i should have waited for the monogram eva to come in. and it's not because i don't love the damier. i just always over think everything. i do still plan on getting the monogram zippy wallet so dh thought i should get the damier ebene to switch things up. & i was thinking i could still carry the monogram zippy as a clutch too (anyone ever do that?)

thoughts?! :angel:

Mono. IMO the plaque on the Damier is overwhelming for the size of the bag.

TOTALLY agree! Although I prefer the Damier print to the Mono print, I think Eva looks best in Mono. The gold plate is very large for the size of the bag AND the plate on the Mono Eva is so adorable and retro! LOVE my Mono Eva!!

I prefer the eva in damier, mostly because I use the eva at night to go out to dinner and to go to bars and it's nice not to have to worry about any vachetta. I don't mind the size of the plate.

I really like the thought of having a "complimenting" eva instead of a matching one, to tuck inside the neverfull... but on its own I do like the mono Eva better. If it's what you had your heart set on, then wait for it. :smile: Otherwise you'll be thinking about it until you eventually get one! Maybe get the mono eva and get a different zippy (not a mono) to put into each bag? Like a vernis pomme, blanc or terre? Good luck deciding!

i knew there was something different! the gold plate! although i like the damier ebene, i do like that the mono eva doesn't have the large plate.

lshcat, i'll look at some other zippy options, thanks!

I love the Damier, I think the Damier can go really dressy for evenings out and I don't mind how big the plate is. Plus I don't have to worry about the vachetta, so that's always a plus!

All their brass will scratch, so yes, you might notice it, but I don't...and usually I'm quite OCD with my bags. I have the Galliera with the same plate and I've carried it for a couple weeks without noticing much scratching on it at all.