I'm sad...

1. My ferret who is 7+ years old. I actually gave him to my bf a few years ago because I wasn't allowed to have pets in my apartment. I got the ferret when he was a baby, and now I think he's dying. The other night we found him in his cage lying in a weird position...we took him out of his cage and he was so weak. He didn't eat any of his food and he wouldn't take any water. We had to drop water into his mouth just to get him to drink. It was already really late and my bf had work the next day so we just tried to give him as much water as he would take. Then yesterday when my bf got home from work, he tried to feed him again...and again he wouldn't even lick the water bottle. So he got the bright idea to use a saline bottle for contacts so that he could just drop the water into Fuzzy's mouth. He said Fuzzy seemed a little stronger and was able to hold his head up...I don't know what possessed him to do this, but my bf tried to feed Fuzzy Ensure. He said he thought of that because they feed it to old people and that it's packed with vitamins and other supplements. Fuzzy drank almost half the bottle. So at least he took something. I was working the past two days so we haven't been able to take him to the vet. We're taking him tomorrow after my bf gets home from work, and I think they're probably going to put him to sleep. It's so sad seeing him like this.
  2. :crybaby: :crybaby: I am halfway crying reading this. I am sooo sorry about Fuzzy. My prayers are with you and Fuzzy.
  3. [​IMG] So sorry
  4. :crybaby: :crybaby: Ooohh no..I hope the vet can cure Fuzzy...I really do:yes:
  5. Is there an emergency vet you can take him too? Sounds as though getting him to a vet is a priority.

Good luck.

6. Oh poor fuzzy! The ensure idea is great. I really hope that he gets stronger and you don't need to put him to sleep. There isn't a 24 hour animal hospital nearby? :sad:
  7. Yes, vet, now.
  8. i am so sorry to hear about fuzzy.:sad:
    please take him to the vet. hopefully something can be done.
  9. Thats awful - let us know how you get on at the vets:flowers:
  10. Aw, so sorry to hear this Michelle. I hope everything goes o.k and the vet can help.
  11. awww I hope he will be okay. :crybaby:
  12. I hope there's good news after the vet visit. (((hugs)))
  13. Sorry to hear this. I hope Fuzzy gets better. Let us know how it goes at the vet.
  14. Everyone's right - a trip to the vet is gonna have to happen. I love ferrets. One of my best girlfriends has 2. They are so playful and lively. I hope Fuzzy's condition is temporary and he's back to zipping around in no time flat.

*edit - darn typos*
  15. Definitely take him to the vet ASAP. As Kathleen mentioned, there are a lot of emergency vets that are open 24 hours so you can even take him after work rather than waiting until tomorrow.

Good luck. Poor Fuzzy.