Im playing the piano again!!!! :D

I am so happy for you! Are you taking lessons again too?

I have been wanting a piano forever and my DH and I decided that next winter we would make the investment. I'll definitely need a teacher, as I've never played. I do, however, play the flute and take private lessons once a week so I'm thinking that my musical (albeit, limited) knowledge will be helpful when I get my piano.

Congratulations and have lots of fun making music!

I am just so excited because I have decided to return back to playing the piano!!

Congratulations!

It makes all the difference in the world when you WANT to play vs. being 'forced' to play.

I, too, grew up with piano lessons -- 13 years of them from age 5-18. I hated every moment of them but my mom would never let me quit. :P I continued to play in college because I made some decent money at it -- clubs, grand openings, malls, private parties, etc. -- and I taught the piano for 4 years. But after college, it is a very rare occasion that I will play. And I'm in my mid-40's now. I have a stunning piano in my house that was a gift from my parents on my 10th birthday and the only thing I like about it is that it looks good. :smile: I keep it tuned.

I DO occasionally sit down and play a piece to show someone that I really CAN play. And even though I haven't seriously played in years -- it comes right back to me each time. I can play many pieces with my eyes closed.

Congratulations!!! I'm 15 and I've been playing for 5 years and really wanted to quit, but hearing how much you regretted it gives me inspiration to keep going. Thanks so much and I wish you success in playing again!