I'M P.O.-ed please HELP

1. I'm ticked I just checked my credit card to make sure that the charge of my fringe bucket posted correctly and it posted w/ tax. I was told by the LV manager at Saks that I would not be charged tax if it was shipped to my house or the store. It's a lot of money considering the price of the bag...I'm for sure saying something because I was told no tax and no shipping charges:rant: :rant: :rant: I was not charged shipping but do you think I can get my tax credited back?

I positive that Saks does not charge tax when items are shipped because my SA has shipped things to me when I was away for a couple weeks visiting my parents... Can anyone else confirm this?

2. Youre right Saks does not charge tax when it is shipped from out of state. good luck!

3. I hope you get the tax back! I wish I could!!! I CAN NOT WAIT TO SEE THE PICS!!!:biggrin:

4. it's an extra step for them not to charge tax, I'm sure it was an innocent error, give her a call ;)

5. Cool, I did not know it was another step, you are probably right! Thanks:smile:

6. If there is a saks in your state the store has to charge you tax.

7. Yup and looks like you're in Michigan:

Saks Fifth Avenue
    2901 West Big Beaver Road
    Troy, MI 48084
    248-643-9000
    General Manager: Kim Nye

Hours
    Monday - Friday, 10 AM - 9 PM
    Saturday, 10 AM - 7 PM
    Sunday, 12 PM - 6 PM

8. as a tax attorney who specializes in part in state taxes, i can safely and confidently tell you that they must charge you tax if they have a store in your state.

9. I know that there's a saks here because that's were I get all my bags from but I had things shipped to me from the saks with in my state and have not been charged sales tax. So is different if you get something shipped with in the state? It just seems weird that I would get charged sales tax from another state but not my own, ya know??!?

10. I have no idea why they would not charge you tax if it is in state. They must charge you tax. The truth is that even if they don't charge you tax, you still must pay a use tax. No one does it but legally you are required to.

The only way you avoid tax is in the gift situation if it is interstate.

Yes, my work is fascinating...not.

11. Hmm interesting, thanks for the info, although it kinda stinks. What exactly is a "use tax?"

12. If I travel to a state where there is no sales tax, bought something expensive like a car, diamond, or tons of LV bags and bring them back to my state where there's sale tax, would they charge me tax than?

13. WOW!!! you guys are SO lucky to have shops opened until 9pm nearly every day!!! SO LUCKY!!!

oh yes... good luck with getting it sorted out!!! get that BLING back!

14. So could the saks store in Ohio send it to me as a gift and not charge me tax?

15. Ahhhh...but this is not always good because you can spend way too much time at the mall which is basicly equal to spending more money! :yes: