I'm off to Hawaii -SO frinkin' excited!!

1. It's gloomy and rainy here and I just can't wait to get on the plane tomorrow. As you can see I've been counting the days. :yes:

It's my first time to Hawaii. A week on Oahu and a week cruising the islands with some overnights. I'm armed with the great "Revealed" series of books from my local library. I figure all those hours on the plane will be plenty to plan an itinerary. We're also on a brand new huge ship and as cruise addicts we're really psyched about that.

In addition to reveling in and marvelling at nature and getting in the ocean every chance I get, I'm excited to shop at the Ala Moana Center on Oahu.:graucho::heart: I've already informed the hub I'll be going solo for that day so I can enjoy, among other things, the LV store and Hermes.Birkin is coming along for that little outing. Also, I get to pick an Anniversary present so maybe we'll return together to Hermes-I'm thinking...enamel bracelet.

We're bringing the laptop and I'm not sure I'll know which end is up
    or what time it is after that long flight but in true purse addict style I'll probably try to check out the Gucci sale online :lol:
  2. Have a great time Kitskats, Ive never been to Hawaii. Sounds like you have a great shopping plan.

3. Have a fabulous time! I'm going to Hawaii for the first time in my life in November, so I want a full report from you when you return....lol:p
  4. Have a great trip, Hawaii is just SO beautiful!

Prada, you MUST go, next vaca!!!
  5. OMG that is awesome ;)
    Have fun!!
  6. Aloha, enjoy your trip there..You will have so much fun at Ala Moana Mall or along Kalakaua Avenue...shop...shop...
  7. have fun in hawaii.. enjoy the weather, the food, the shopping, and all the fun things to do out there..dont forget ur sunscreen..
  8. aw, i was just in oahu in march....my favorite place to be. You'll have a blast! And dont' forget to only buy jewelry, gold, souvineirs at the international marketplace. and look at a few different stands before you make your purchase and then barter with them. that's how they do it there...just like in mexico.

this is a picture of the water on waikiki from our hotel room!

have a great time!
  9. Lucky (I'm channeling Napoleon Dynamite).
  10. Have a fun time in Hawaii. I went to Oahu last summer, and they Oahu Revealed book was right on each time. Enjoy!
  11. yay, hope that u'll have tons of fun...
  12. Have fun on your trip! I went to Honolulu a couple of years ago and I'm dying to go back. If I remember correctly, HI is six hours behind eastern standard time. Check in with us if you get a chance and let us know what you've seen/bought. It's good you're taking plenty of books because you are in the air for a looooonnnnngggg time.
  13. Have a wonderful and safe trip Kitskats! Hawaii is AMAZING! Went there on my honeymoon and it was magical! I cannot wait to hear all about your trip!
  14. have fun at Ala Moana and down the Waikiki strip... but as a tip its best to not go swimming in the water down by waikiki still. there was a HUGE sewage spill 2 months ago? and lots of my friends (who surf south side at least) still are getting sick from it, sinus infections rashes, immediately itchy wound infections...

Go to Kailua to go swimming/surfing ect. Also dont dig in the sand especially. "they" have been really covering it up- not much in terms of media, ect. b/c of fears of hurting the tourism industry... so a tip from a local- stay offa da beaches, even if your concierge tells you its OK. its not.

but the shopping is good. make sure to hit Aloha Rag on Kapiolani (pretty close to Ala Moana) for balenciaga and other kind of offbeat designers.
  15. Ooohhh! Have fun! I love Hawaii!!!