I'm lost..help

1. I need help.I graduated in june of this year from High School.I haven't taken the SATS because i feel like i will not do good and i don't have money for tutorials of the test.I want to go to college but i don't know what i want to be i want to make my parents proud.I want to be a vet assistant but all they give you is a certificate and i want to make decent money.I love animals so i thought of being a vet but i can't stand blood,but i love animals.I also want to be a comestologist because i love make up and doing hair.And i want to be a flight attendant so i can travel the world.The thing is i don't know what i want to be i want to be someone in life I'm 19 and i don't want to waste anymore time doing nothing except working.Please help!!:sad:

2. Begin with the end in mind.

Go take the SATs. If you don't do well, you will have an idea what to study for and then retake them! Then enroll in community college and work toward your associate's degree while you make up your mind what you want to do. But do something.

3. Don't avoid college because you think you will do poorly on a test. That's a bad reason. Try taking the test and see how you do. Also, look into the ACT -- some colleges take it as an alternative to the SAT. Also keep in mind that colleges look at the whole picture, not just a test score (essay and your life experiences). Don't be scared, do it!

4. did you complete the courses needed for entry to a University? If not- don't waste your money on the SAT. Just go ahead to a community college. Take the ASVAB. Its free and it will give you an idea of a career focus. If you really want a university degree, the comm college should have an agreement with a university nearby- they can tell you what to take that will transfer to a university.

5. Don't take the ACT either until you are academically ready. I know schools look at more than just the test score, but they do have minimums. What state do you live in? I am a high school guidance counselor in NC.

6. Ask if anyone you went to school with took a study course for the SAT or ACT, like Kaplan. Then borrow the books. That's what I did when I took the MCAT. The books are helpful as a study guide and IMO helped increase my score. Then once in college, start taking courses to find what you like. You career should fall along the lines of your favorite classes.

7. Hello,
    I recently graduated college and I know that graduation is a big step. Let me just say that you need to get a book or go to the library and take a practice test or take one online. If you need to study for the test so be it. I took the mcat and I'm currently applying to med school right now. I spent soooo much time studying for the test. I am taking a year off and working as a CNA and I make 9 dollars an hour which may make you laugh considering I have a bachelors in biology and chemistry from u of i. If you think you honestly love a subject or even animals, then don't be ashamed to take a low paying job. I'm going to spend probably the better part of this year off not making too much cash, but I know it will make me a better doctor and med student. So if you want to be a vet or you are interested I urge you to look for a vet tech job, it will help you get into vet school. If nothing else you'll see if you like it, and you'll make some money. Oh and one last thing, I pass out at the sight of my own blood. However, I know I want to be a doctor and stuff does gross me out a little sometimes, but things like seeing blood and gore is the sort of stuff you *can* get used to. I sat in on a surgery and didn't even blink an eye because I told myself this is what its gonna take to live my dream. Don't worry, just take it one day at a time. First things first though, study for that exam and then take it and apply to college.

8. My last year of high school was completed in a very small town in Texas. I wanted to go to college and sort of prepared for the SAT and ACT. One day both the junior and senior class members were told to go to the cafeteria to take the ASVAB-a test given and used by the military. I was :wtf: and said :nogood:. Well, it was mandatory and I gave in and took the test. After that, military people called me non-stop, as I'm sure everyone else was called, too. A couple of months after graduation, I left TX for college in Wisconsin.

So even though the ASVAB is free and may tell you strengths and weaknesses, it is important to know where it comes from and how it will be used. If things have changed now and the ASVAB is not military-focused, then I apologize in advance!:yes:

9. whatever you end up doing, being a caring responsible woman is what is going to make your parents proud. I don't think your vocation will matter.

Money while important to survive should not be your motivation in pursuing any kind of career in animal care. If you truly want to work with animals, the quality of life and care you give them should be the primary reason. And if you can't stand the sight of blood, you won't be able to stomach it. There are other things you can do to help animals that are not of a medical nature. Try volunteering somewhere like a shelter to see if working with animals is something you truly want to pursue. It takes a lot of heart and a very thick skin.

You are indeed 19 and its okay if you don't know what you want yet. You don't need to decide right now. See where life takes you. Go get your education - in doing that, you will be exposed to many things the world has to offer. Get into an exchange program and go overseas. Take advantage of the freedom you have right now to explore the world. Sooner or later, something will jump out at you and you will find what it is you want to do. I always ask people how would you spend your days if you didn't have to work (if you were a billionaire) and sometimes there is where your answer lies. Good luck.

10. Just go to community college and transfer after. You'll have plenty of time to take the SATs.

11. Dont worry too much about the future. By the time you are done with college you will have an idea of what you want to do. And college is going to be a blast!! When you get to whatever University you decidee on, just take general classes until you figure out what you want to major in. If you have ok grades in highschool, it shouldnt be too hard to get into the University in your state.

The SAT prep books at Barnes and Noble are less than $15. Check these out: http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/results.asp?WRD=princeton+review+sat+prep&z=y

I suggest the Princeton Review. I used them for SAT and LSAT prep. Just relax, study and take the test. If you study for a couple hours every night, you will do just fine!!

I dont know your parents, but most parents would be proud that their daughter is taking action and getting herself an education. Good luck!!

12. That is what I was going to reccommend. There are some very good community colleges. Speak to a couselor and make sure any units you take will be transferable to the college you would like to go to. Your first 2 years of college are usually general ed stuff anyway. If you do well and get good grades, you won't even need to take the SAT.

13. If you're unsure, the community college route may be best, as you don't need SATs to gain entry. The classes are general and you don't have to declare a major. And what about a part time job in a beauty salon? Being a shampooist or assistant may help you decide. Some operators also have teaching licenses and you can apprentice under them to get a license if you decide to go that route. Good luck and don't feel overwhelmed. Most 19yr olds don't know what they want to do with their lives.

14. Thanks everyone!I'm going to just stop being afraid of failing.I went to the Borders Outlet and they had a SAT book so i can study.My parents are really harsh they are lawyers,so they want me to be someone in life.At first i was studying to work in the travel industry and i was doing an associate degree but they kept yelling saying that wouldn't give me money and it was worthless so they stop helping me pay the tech.That's why i feel lost.My parents don't want me to have more certificates i have 3 languages one,a basic flight attendant and a SABRE one.Right now i just want to be someone in life.My friends are already in college and i feel so bad that i'm not.I don't want to be someone who works and gets 7.00 an hour and that's it.I'm sorry if i'm vending i just feel so lost..and i live in Miami,FL.Also i had A's and B's in school,so my gpa is 3.40 but i feel with the sats i will do badly,Plus i got a c- in Biology would that affect if i wanted to be a Vet?

15. Do not be too harsh on yourself, kiky! All colleges and universities look at your application as a whole and will not reject you because of a c in biology. If you really want to go to college for vet. medicine, then look at schools that offer this program, call the admissions office and ask to speak to a counselor in person and during your appointment, ask them to look at your resume, grades, etc. They will tell you what you need to apply and how to be a strong candidate for admissions to the vet program. Who knows, you may already be the perfect candidate!